Short Plants?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tainted_Purity, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Hi, I am looking to grow a naturally short strain (Misty) to be no bigger than 1'6". Someone recomended to start giving the plants a 12/12 photoperiod right from day 1. Will this work, or will my plants just die, or even worse...GO HERMIE

2. i done it once when it was 2 weeks into seedling... i got preflowers, at a very yung age... its possible..

3. when you say preflowers, you mean buds right?

4. well i didnt had a timer so the lights gose off and on.. the time schechel was all mess up, and it turn hermie on me.. but if u got a timer give it a shot... preflowers is when u able to tell if is a male or female and the beggining of flowering... flowering is when the buds starts to develop...

5. so if I had an electrical timer gadget (which I do), and I don't disturb it during dark periods, will my plant grow 1ft high successfully (the fact that it is naturaly a short plant does not mean that my plant will only grow about 7" with this method does it?)

6. i put the seedling in 12/12 cycle when it was 4 inches.. when i took his life, when i find out it turn hermie on me it was around 7 inches, and it was like a week into preflowering.. so u will probely end with 12 inches tall plant with lil buds on it..

7. I have 1'6" of space, so if I were to start a 12/12 period when it was 7 inches, would it grow too big, and how much would I get?

8. max 14 inches tall. about how much u get,, probely les then a oz...latezzz..

9. How long can I keep it budding for? (I want to get maximum amount of buds from it)

10. 56 days....... sometime 2 more weeks extra..

11. not entirely true ive heard of people put there new rooted clones right under 12\12 i think once you have good root placement you can put it under 12\12 no matter how big it is im actully starting a project with that over at a friends place with just clones and it will only give one bud each plant but i want to see how big i can make that bud go under compact fluros