Short plant, really thick stem? 2 months old

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tokingandpoking, May 8, 2013.

1. Hey any guesses why my plant is so short and has such a thick stem? I'm using 4 23 watt CFLs, fox farm ocean forest. Just started giving it fox farms grow big the other day. Started off with one and a half teaspoon per gallon of water. Also, is this plant small for its age? Why would this be? Also, when would I expect to see preflowers? Thanks in advance

Productive smoking is key to your enjoyment of the herb

2. ForumRunner_20130507_200604.png

3. actually, your plant looks really good, healthy. looks short and stout too. this is a good thing. your internodes close together, means little to no stretching. so small for it's age, what is the age, lol? you can never tell with pre-flowers...

4. Thanks for replying. It's two months old

5. She looks nice bro. But if you tossed her in a five gallon bucket and got an hps lamp. You'd be growing insane amounts if great ganja. When do you plan on flowering her. You need to switch the light cycle to get em to flower.

6. I actually intend on moving it outside in a week or two. My apartment is above my landlord and I'm worried about smell. I've got a good private spot I can use. I wish I could flower it indoors though

7. how tall? using cfl's i believe you've already waited too long to go to flower. once you flip her, you're gonna get a bit of stretching. your plant will have outgrown your light. you may want to consider doing a scrog....

8. I think he's just vegging to go outdoors

9. Ok. I see brother. That she's gonna be a beast when she's outside. Make sure you journal it so we can watch. :)

10. oh, lol, i need to pay closer attention!

11. It's cool bro, I got your back ;)

12. I'm def gonna be posting more pics. How big do you think it has the potential to be?

13. Depends how tall is it now

14. Its about a foot and a half tall I'd say

15. If u flower now it could get 5 feet

16. Idk what's up if u look after the main stem it gets bigger

Attached Files:

17. UPDATE**** She's doing really well. I think its showing preflowers now? Im feeling a female. I know it... or maybe just wishful thinking lol

ForumRunner_20130510_193517.png

ForumRunner_20130510_193532.png

18. Yeah being that short of space between nodes it def is looking like a female

19. Short node spacing is characteristic of a female?

20. That's what Ed Rosenthal says and that man is a plant genius