short bushy plant 3weeks old (4"tall)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by parkway226, Dec 1, 2012.

1. I have a white widow 3 week old plant , it's about 4" tall very bushy ,but it seems to be growing more wider than taller.the first 2 weeks I had cfl's very close but now I'm also using mh bulb 400 watt about 3ft away ( still using cfl for the sides .. Very close). I was planing to veg at 4 weeks but plant only 4 inches at 3 weeks old... Will this issue hurt my yeild?

2. Is it 3 weeks from seed

3. Indica dominants tend to grow short and bushy. No it won't hurt your yield.

4. here's a pic

Attached Files:

5. yes, popped out of soil 3 weeks ago

6. ok thanks

7. If you are looking to get the most out of your 400 watt lamp you are going to want to veg a little longer than the 4 weeks you were planning. I think it takes at least 5-6 weeks after the first set of true leaves for the plant to be mature. Personally I would wait 6 weeks minimum before switching to 12/12. Any sooner than that and you will be stunting growth before the plant even thinks about flowering.

Some people might argue that you can go directly to 12/12 from the moment they sprout but those people are not looking for significant yields out of a single plant.

8. Whatever you are doing so far is looking perfect. Keeping those nodes stacked tight will reward you with fat dense buds. You should think about topping her soon while adding a couple more weeks to your veg time to increase your yields even further.

9. Right !!! Thanks ... I'm looking to get a decent amount yield (4 -5oz) if possible, so I'm gone hold out on flowering in give it about 5-6 weeks veg(will hold off longer if have too).thanks for the help, it's my first grow lol

10. Thanks in this is my first grow,I appreciate the comments. I'm going to keep the pics coming for you guys can help me throw this ( just topped her) ... Please keep the advise and comments commimg

Attached Files:

11. 8 days later (new tops coming n great)

image-1695235901.jpg

12. Looking good. I have a few that are looking just like that right now. Topping at least once is one of the easiest things you can do to increase your yield.

13. #14 parkway226, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    Thanks for the tips , it's really helpful, I'm hoping for Atleast 4 oz dry if it's possible

14. 4 zips dry is more than possible. Look up LST and Scrog techniques in the advanced section. Under a 400 MH during veg and switch to a 400 HPS during flower and you should be able to hit 4 no problem.

15. Thanks for all the advise you really help me thru my fist grow, here's a pic first week into flowering , I guess after you top & lst you just gotta sit back In let the lights do their job

Attached Files:

16. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

17. Finish product

Attached Files:

18. looks great good job!

19. Does anyone know if double berry is a small or large plant??
    I am 4 weeks same from seed and they are really bushy but only 8" high but like leafs growining in every corner of branches think if I go 12/12 it will bush out loads or will it grow taller? Anyone?
    Real noob first grow!
    Under 600w hps 2 /3 foot away