Short and long term effects of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by keitanakano, Jan 15, 2013.

1. #1 keitanakano, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    according to drugfreeworld.org

SHORT-TERM EFFECTS
    Sensory distortion
    Panic
    Anxiety
    Poor coordination of movement
    Lowered reaction time
    After an initial “up,” the user feels sleepy or depressed
    Increased heartbeat (and risk of heart attack)

LONG-term effects of marijuana
    Reduced resistance to common illnesses (colds, bronchitis, etc.)
    Suppression of the immune system
    Growth disorders
    Increase of abnormally structured cells in the body
    Reduction of male sex hormones
    Rapid destruction of lung fibers and lesions (injuries) to the brain could be permanent
    Reduced sexual capacity
    Study difficulties: reduced ability to learn and retain information
    Apathy, drowsiness, lack of motivation
    Personality and mood changes
    Inability to understand things clearly

“I started using on a lark, a dare from a best friend who said that I was too chicken to smoke a joint and drink a quart of beer. I was fourteen at that time. After seven years of using and drinking I found myself at the end of the road with addiction. I was no longer using to feel euphoria, I was just using to feel some semblance of normality.

“Then I started having negative feelings about myself and my own abilities. I hated the paranoia.1 I hated looking over my shoulder all the time. I really hated not trusting my friends. I became so paranoid that I successfully drove everyone away and found myself in the terrible place no one wants to be in—I was alone. I’d wake up in the morning and start using and keep using throughout the day.” —Paul

Real short term effect:

-Wishful Thinking.
    -Sense of time is different to some degree, this wears off a bit if you are used to MJ. The stairway escalator still takes ages actually.
    -People who overdo it with big bongs will indeed damage their lungs but this is unrelated to THC and Marijuana.
    -People who don't have any content in their life will become obsessed with MJ and paraphernalia. But their life wasn't good in the first place.

Real long term effect:

-Anxiety about actual derivation from real life when you compare it to the wishful thinking.
    -Gateway drug cases are rare. There is however the phenomena when you actually smoked and when you are high, you'll be thinking about how you could get even more of the stuff.
    -It makes one a bit lazy. It is not the right thing to do in the morning before work or school. It is appreciate when you are done for the day, and have 1/2 hour to wait for the train.

There is no actual addiction, it is easily possible to quit for weeks, months or even years. Alcohol on the other hand may cause addiction in people who have a proposition for addiction. Personally, I don't like alcohol all that often. Sometimes I appreciate a beer or a few, or a bottle of rum or wine. But then I can't stand the stuff for weeks or months. So, I don't have a proposition for alcohol addiction.

Show me some religion. I smoke a piece of MJ, and then my impression is they actually must have mocked it up.

Something can be done about it.

Fact is alcohol destroys families and lives. Alcohol drastically reduces the ability to consider the impact of actions, that of other people and oneself. It drastically increases the reaction lag and this is why it causes so many traffic accidents.

Marijuana may cause an increase of the reaction lag, but it does NOT cause a drastical reduction to the ability to compute the potential impacts of a real-life situation. If you are stoned, it is likely you'd rather not want to drive a car or even to leave the house. When you are drunk, you simply don't care anymore. Few people can really pull themselves together even if they are drunk to the limit.

There is really such a limit, when you feel you must vomit and you must die and you swear you'll never drink again in your life. Alcohol is sold in every shop. Marijuana does not really cause such a thing at all.

Thinking in artificial realities is a strong derivation from actual really existing truth. It happens especially when people don't speak from their own experience.

When you mix it all up and when you mock it all up what remains is a piece of psychobabble.

And there was this joke about these north Korean diplomats with 400 kilograms hashish in their suitcase. So he said "Only for personal use". The customs officer say "OK I see but aren't you overdoing it just a bit?". This is actually based on a true story.

Attached Files:

2. Compare what you see in the booklet (the illustrations) with what you'd encounter in the game Dungeon Siege.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdAkGxtJAGw

It is also a great game without being high from Marijuana.

If I see the creeps in the booklet I really think what the heck where did they dig them out. Do I have be like that when I use Marijuana or does it transform me into an apathic zombie with memory loss?

I played the Dungeon Siege demo again and I am going to play the game again pretty soon.

Originally I played it in 2001. It is a so-called RPG on rails. I did not encounter any memory loss or difficulties to play through the first 10%.

For the time being I also don't smoke MJ right now. The stuff is pretty expensive here + my contact is on vacation. Weeks without it. Not that I would not have a life content and things to do. Or aren't I am supposed to be addicted and obsessed only with Marijuana related thinking?

I mean what's the point with "gateway drug". What would be the benefit of doing these things.

It is correct when I play a game like Dungeon Siege, of course I want to get rid all of the mutants. Be it, it's just for mockup, not for real. They don't really exist and I am pretty much aware of that. The Skeleton Buckler Captain is just too weird actually when you don't know him previously.

The 10% fully playable demo is freely available on the internet. It is really worth to play it. Dungeon Siege 1 demo.

3. Attached Files:

4. i have to admit i laughed at the first list. on a more serious note laws and in particular victimless crime laws do not work and never will. compassion and respect go much farther in a life than control and chaos. i have compassion for the idiots in DC that have let themselves be lied to by various ABC agencies and i see a ray of hope in the ones that awaken to the illusion they have been fed.

truth be known you don't need to preach in this forum of the good things cannabis can bring, you just need to be compassionate and civilized when discussing it with those who do not know. those who believed the lies, like myself, for so many years but at least now i'm free, free from stress, poor\toxic pharmaceutical substitutes, cancer, diabetes, hell i could go on for hours but suffice to say we are winning this one because it's meant to be.

5. This list is full of lies that's why I burst out laughing when I read it. I hope no one actually believes this and actually questions the sources of information and even then that source could be still sharing lies...

6. The paranoia is purely because of illegality.

The paranoid person might not realize it, but somewhere in their subconscious the scenario of the police one day raiding their home is playing over and over. Some people don't experience any paranoia at all until they have children, because prior to that they only had to worry about their own well being, which is far easier to shrug off.

7. 100% agree. If you look at it as a taboo thing of course there will be paranoia. When you look at it as something that keeps you "normal" and makes you laugh there won't be anxiety or freaking out. I hate seeing people say weed makes their anxiety worse. No, you being a paranoid person makes the anxiety worse

8. any site that refers to to the negatives of smoked marijuana is propaganda, right from the bat.

Smoking is bad.

Thc can be eaten.

9. Or vaporize. That works plenty good. And nowhere near as bad on your lungs.