Short and bushy plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dazaroo, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Hi. My plant is short but real bushy! Is this bad? Need some pointers people. It's my fisrt one ever!! 20181019_182527.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your plant looks fine to me - good job. Pics under natural light will show the true beauty of your plant. Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheers bro. I'll send a pic tomorrow in day light.

4. not at all, the structure looks good, u will have that space filled up in a month,
    indoors u want short because lights only penetrate 12-24 inches of the canopy,

'white light' pics would help a lot.!

keep up the good work.!!!

5. Thanks mate. I'll get a daylight pic tomorrow. Was hard to do as it's in my loft ha. Do I need to clip the bigger leaves or just leave it alone?

6. leave them on, the plant needs the leaves and they do not 'shade' as much as we think,
    plants use the filtered light coming through the leaves,

look into ways of spreading it out here in a week or 2, fill the tent with her then flip to 12/12.!!
    if she stays short little to no trimming will be needed,
    if it gets tall u might wanna lollipop her some and have a canopy 16-18" tall.

8. Yeah, she looks real good!! Go to YT, loads of pro growers on there with lots of how to's. I've spent a few weeks watching this & that. Just started my 1st journal today myself.

Good luck with her

9. Cheers mate. Will keep posting. Good luck too dude

10. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Good Luck!

11. Here it is in white light. Attached pick of under leaves 20181020_110852.jpg 20181020_110930.jpg
    Yo mate. He's 2 pics of the plant in white light. Outside and under leaves. What ya think? 20181020_110852.jpg 20181020_110930.jpg

12. looks great man.!!
    tight nodes, big healthy stems and leaves, lots of branching......

u r doing it right so far.!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheers dude. One more thing. I have 3x 300w LED in there but only just started running the 2nd one. Is this too much for one plant that size or do I need to use all 3 or maybe just 1??

14. what is the actual watts used on each of them.?

15. 132w actual power draw is what it says. It's a mars hydro 300w

16. one Mars 300 at 132w should veg a 2' x 2' area easily, and flower an 18'' x 20" area,
    use one for now and if she out grows that light turn on another then,
    use at least 2 of them in flower.!! (2 might be plenty)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mate you're a legend! Nice one.

• Funny Funny x 1