Shopping list and a couple of questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 10tegn, Apr 17, 2010.

1. #1 10tegn, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    Hi all. I want to run my shopping list by you guys to see if i miss anything or if you have any other comments.
    It is going to be a closet, ebb & flood grow. And i need it to be smell free :)

Will a fan below the lamp/over the plant allow me to maybe move the lamp a bit closer to the plant?

Should i buy NPK separately in case?

My closet measures H6,23, W2,3, L1,64 feet. ~ 23 cubic feet.

Beside the system itself i have made this list:
    400W Philips Sun-T with ballast
    Cooltube.
    6" extractor fan, 291CFM (Would that be overkill?).
    I am going to make a homemade carbon filter.
    GHE 3-pack
    Bugspray
    PH up and down
    A couple of 80mm fans.
    I found this EC/PH/Temp meter.
    Does it look okay? It is cost about 100$ on ebay.
    [​IMG]

2. You can lower the light as long as it dosn't burn the plants. Fan will help, but just put your hand under the desired height and see how it feels. If it burns , or uncomfortable it's to low.
    Use nuts with NPK unless your mixing your own. Use quality nuts that already have the correct NPK for veg and flowering and follow the mfg recommended schedule. Use a large reservoir for nuts(20+gal)as it's more stable keeping PH and PPM of solution at consistent levels and salt buildup low. Drain nuts and flush system every two weeks and replentish.
    Lets hope you don't need that insect spray, But if you do don't spray the flowers. Stationary fans are good to move air around and out to control humidity etc, but an oscillating fan will sway the plants and make the stems stronger to hold the heavy flowers when in flowering.
    Your tester looks fine. Just calibrate and keep the tips moist always.

3. Okay thanks for your answer :). I were thinking more in the 12-15 gal range. Because of the height. Would that be too hard to maintain? If so, i guess i could do scrog.

4. You have to work with the space you have. Just monitor the nuts in the solution and sdjust for PH more closely. Always use filtered, or reverse osmosis water for best results.

5. Okay :) I were wondering if the fan i picked out is overkill, considering how small the room is? 6" extractor fan, 291CFM. Room is aprox 23cf.

6. You want a fan that will exhast the air in 5 minutes. A 23 CFM fan will exhaust your(23 CF) area in one minute. So yes the 291CFM fan is an overkill. You want a fan like the size you find in computer cases for 23CF and just guessing here. You could use a smaller fan such as a bath exhust fan with 100CFM and a timer to shut off 45 min and on 15 min every hour.