Shopping for Qb light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Foxymel, Feb 17, 2019.

1. I didn't need anything but a wiring diagram and they are all over this site.

2. Nah, look at the kit I posted. I got 2 kits for 444.09, so you could only order 1 kit for half that. And that's 2 of the V2 288's, driver, heat sink, dimmer, etc...

3. Links I posted are never sold out, and they make the boards for HGL I bet

4. I am in your boat i am running a 2x4x70 and I went with the QB96 elite. I will add another in a month when I have more spare cash. I almost pulled the trigger on a 240w off alibaba but feel like I will have more flexibility with the 96's I got a 320w driver so I can add 2 more if I want. the 2 96s will do 320w which will slay it in my tent and the pics of Plants grown under the 96s is what convinced me.

Goodluck there are really no wrong answers with these QB boards.

5. Does any of you growers that have picked up the 96V 2 run it at full watts or do you run them about half at 125

6. What is the comparable wattage with the different sizes? And how do you know which driver you need? I was looking more at complete kits for simplicity. The led lights are so much easier and cheaper! I guess like a lot of things in life you get what you pay for. But it would be nice if these were more user friendly.

7. Lol 10000% user friendly

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. From what I have seen most are running 2 at 160-180 range. If you run it a single at full you would have to actively cool it. with 2 lights you can get 320 watts without active cooling. I am sure someone who is much smarter that I will come along with better info.

9. I think ur spot on. I actually think I’m nit getting the most out of my 288 at full power. They seem to run more efficiently at lower watts. When I get Into flower imma take all this into consideration and not just get as many watts as I can like a noob

10. Keep in mind I’m only growing one plant at a time. Maybe 2 someday, but I’m not telling anyone I’m growing so I only need so much weed! Some of the lights suggested might be overkill..... But wth do I know? I’m growing a plant outside right now after spending a few hundred dollars on grow gear! I ordered some AK-47 autos and I know there’s no way I can grow them outside. Way too pungent! I’ve read about people who start their plants inside and finish them outside but not starting outside and moving inside. I think it might be fun to keep my Tangerine Dream outside and then grow ak inside. I’ve read a lot about Tangies being slow and difficult. Any opinions on any of this? Regardless I’m still investing in QB’s. But I don’t want to get unnecessary wattage that I’ll just need to use a dimmer with because it’s overkill for one plant. Well my friends, what do you think? Btw, thanks for the help!

11. 1 135 kit. It’s a qb288 135w of qb will do one plant well

12. Okay, I’ll have to go back through the posts and check out that link.

13. A405AAC8-CF5E-45D1-8290-AD6C0C234C6E.jpeg Atm hlg is sold out of the 135 v2 kits. I just got one of these today

14. So I’m seeing 96, 120, 135, 288. Why can’t they just make these all in one piece that you can freakin plug in! And it looks like they come in multiple packs. I’m going to have to educate myself on these lights. It’s funny how different my original purchases would be if I knew what I now know? I would not have a 300w led that I’m not sure is a crappy blurple or a decent light like 780 reviews on Amazon say. And I would have gotten a bigger tent. But on a positive note, I think those would be good for vegging?

Since I transplanted my girl to a 5 gallon container she’s grown more in 2 days than 2 weeks! If those other qb’s are out of stock now and I decide on them, they will at some point be in stock by the time I need them. Hopefully. I’m def decided on the qb lights because if they are constantly out of stock, that tells you something!

15. 135 is a kit. 288 board. The rest is boards. Number are how many diodes are on the boards. With the exception of the 135

16. 135W QB V1 LED Kit

Thinking about buying this kit. It seems like it would simplify things. Anyone used this before?

17. You're growing in a 2x2x4 area. Very short on headroom so I agree that the qb96 is probably not the best fit. It would be if you had a taller space.

The reason the qb288 kits are different prices is the different heatsinks, the thicker ones for higher power cost more, and the power supply. The larger ones are more expensive. They pass those costs on with the different single board 288 kits.

Don't buy a v1. You're not saving much money and the v2 is a new more efficient diode. For a 2x2 the most power you'd want to run is about 150 watts. I would just buy a single meanwell HLG-150h-54a. With that you'll have both a voltage and current adjustment to dial in the board. You'll also have a driver capable of putting out the max current rating of the board instead of just hooking up a smaller driver to save a few dollars.

Just noticed the v2's are sold out. Not many people know about the qb324. It's an excellent board in your price range and is also capable of 150 watts on that same driver. I would get one of these over a v1 board.
    QB324 V2 & Slate 2 Single Combo

This driver.
    https://www.onlinecomponents.com/me...Vcxh9Ch3f-QUaEAAYAiAAEgKW0fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Those are nichia diodes like the qb96. Not samsung but that's a great board and more diodes then the qb288v1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Thank you!! You managed to explain this very well!! I will look into that. What kind of distance from the plants do you need with this? I was planning on getting a taller tent because I didn’t account for the distance between plant and light when I got my tent.

19. I would highly suggest you get a taller tent. Even 5 feet is hard to work with. About 24" in veg and 16-18" in flower.

20. What would you say is the minimum height required for autoflowers. I don’t have a lot of space and I’m trying to be somewhat inconspicuous. The bigger the tent, the harder that is! And I will only be growing one or maybe two plants at any one time. And whats a good wattage to start off with. I don’t see a need to get something more powerful that I’ll just have to dim.