Shopping for Qb light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Foxymel, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Right now I have a Viparspectra 300 W led. I bought it because it was cheap. I’m getting qb lights because seriously so many people here raving about them can’t be wrong! And I have more money now. Here is what someone linked to me on my very first thread. What I want to know is if it’s good enough for growing 2 plants at a time and is it hard to assemble without electrocuting yourself.

QB96 Elite V2 Engine

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-185h-54a/mean-well-enterprises

I think I’m okay using my led for veg. I have a 2/2/4 tent, which will also be for veg. Should have done more research before buying. I would have known that was not tall enough. I don’t have a lot of space but I’m looking more into something like this to use as a flower tent.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074J876KK/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1

So for a tent that size with 2 plants, would that light be sufficient? And please don’t link any $300 lights! I have more money but not that much more!

2. 5 or 6 days to ship to my house, 480 watt kit, with 2 drivers, dimmers, hangers, everything you need.

3. What would you recommend for a 2 by 7 area with 7ft height? And what spectrum?
    The same one? And also is this kit the entire set up or would I need anything additional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I've based my systems with what many would consider under par units but have found astounding results. Sprouting cabinets are twin shelves measuring 34 x 34 x 12 running 50w UFOs ($20 a piece)
    IMG_20190210_150034.jpg
    Veg/Flower in boxes built on steel racks about twice that size running 300w full spectrum ($80) in one and a 150w flanked by matching 80w ($49 + $25 + $25)
    IMG_20190206_173627.jpg IMG_20190206_173641.jpg
    New space finished today with 150w COB ($35)
    IMG_20190216_175933.jpg
    Slimline box for overflow with a 100w COB ($29)
    IMG_20190208_053538.jpg
    Just a few affordable options beyond QB but I will eventually give in to temptation

• Like Like x 1
  5. Basicly everything everyone listed will work well.

6. Ok yo! U linked a same size tent as the one u hav2 2/2/4’=24/24/48”

7. If i was u since u like short tents i would get the qb132. Get a 4 pack. U can run the 75w each with no hear sink. They prob put off zero heat!!! I say that bc i have 4 qb288 n a 3x3. My temps was 81 with lights on today. I cut all plants down tonight and left 1 so i took down my other 3. The temp dropped to 66!!!!! I couldn’t imagine the 132s raising temps much with a good exhaust. But ya. I think a 4 pack of qb132 would treat u well in 4’ tents

8. And yea. 2 plants would work in there. U may just not have to train them to much and let them grow straight up depending on strain and how bushy/brachy they are

9. What would be the price for that? They look really complicated. I’ve been trying to read about them but my eyes start to cross!

10. There are a few wizards of a couple apps that u can get “knock off” boards that r just as good waaay cheaper then from hlg. They can help u if u wanna go that route but hlg has 4 packs for 125$(Morher ficker!!)jist looked hlg is sold out!! Looks like im waiting to order. But Ud need a driver Maybe 60-90 for a 300w dimmable driver. 18g solid core wire amd some wire connectors. And 3 prong wore for drivers

11. Lol! It’s supposed to be 32/32/63.

12. I
    i still think 4 qb132 would rock that tent. That or 2 qb288 or 1 96v2(last choice) Id prob go with 4 132 to get full full power spread across the tent

13. The links I have posted are more in line with my $200 max budget. Maybe I should have started my thread with that info!

14. These qb lights seem to be constantly out of stock! It’s a good thing I have plenty of time before flowering. Well, I guess it depends on whether or not I killed my plant with too early transplanting. I ordered more seeds. I will be learning from my mistakes!

15. Im sure with help through the apps ppl use u could build that for around 200$

16. Last fuxkin night after midnight they wasnt sold out!!

17. But ya. I half wish no one talked about them lol. I remeber the day i got the 2 135 sale kits it moved to sold out