Shooting at college

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Boson-H, Jan 16, 2013.

1. #1 Boson-H, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
  2. Stricter gun laws won't do shit IMO. There's just some crazy ass mofo's that unfortunately walk the face of our planet.

If someone already planning to go shoot up a place to you honestly think they would consider the legality of their weapons. I'm sure that doesn't even cross their mind

3. seriously....youre op and your going to throw a insult to rednecks out there.

Not cool at all and may be the death of your thread

how many times have they made drug laws stricter..
    didnt do a fucking thing did it... look at the facts

4. no, but if they were harder to get...it might not be such an issue.

i think THIS is the real problem. that red sign says GUNS. down the road theres one that says GOLD GUNS LOANS. that right there is the issue, making them THAT easy to get. these places dont bg check you, they make sure youre 18 and they sell it to you. they should be SHUT DOWN
    [​IMG]

drugs =/= guns

5. How do you figure they would be harder to get ? Drugs are illegal almost every where, yet we can get them almost instantly. Why would fire arms be any different? If there's a demand and money to be made. There will be arms

6. again, drugs=/=firearms. guns can be tracked using registration numbers or serial numbers once they get stolen they can be reported. eventually that gun will be found either through it being used in a crime or it's found through a sting operation. its a slow process, but its better than doing NOTHING at all.

anyways, people, i'm not talking about completely abolishing the 2nd amendment i'm just talking about getting rid of pawn shops that say GUNS AND LOANS etc, very clearly something shady is going on but politics and loopholes prevent them from getting shut down.

7. I've had to go through background checks on all of my firearms purchases. You fill out a form with all of your info - name, address, ss#, etc. - and then the shop calls it in to verify that you're not a felon, on probation, or have warrants and such.

The form also has a questionnaire where it asks you if you've had any history of mental illness - this is kinda the problem. They just ask you and take your word for it; there is no way they could verify that unless they could access your medical files, which they can't. Not necessarily say they should be able to do that, but something should be worked out there...

8. Coincidence that college campuses are 'gun free zones'? Hmm I wonder.

Keep making childish insults and playing on emotions, it's what anti-gun lobbyists do best.

9. #9 bwood, Jan 16, 2013
    Lol at knee jerk anti gunners.

So cliche at this point.

10. How do you stop something that's already in 1/5-1/4 of the populations home?? I'll let you go first...

11. NW Ark, i'm surprised i used to live in Little Rock and it was the same there - show them (the pawn shops) your ID maybe a quick bg check is done, thats it. IMO all these shady gun/pawn shops need to be closed and turned into a GOVERNMENT RUN (yes oh no i think the gov't should run something oh noooo i'm a communist gov't loving sheep now right?) and NATIONAL background checks AND mental illness checks (through your medical files) should be checked. THEN you can have one, and have to pay a hefty registration fee and get a tracker in the gun so if it goes missing, it wont be missing for long. there are ways to do this.

12. why do you think only rednecks are against more government regulations?

what will stricter gun laws do anyway? how will they help protect us from crazy people that like to kill others?

13. People get shot, stabbed, beaten, etc. everyday all over the world. I know it's hard to compare but point being....shit happens and it sucks but whether or not gun laws are stricter, I still believe it wouldn't help much. Guns will always be around

14. #14 TheOriginalMad, Jan 16, 2013
    If theirs crazy people who want to kill they will find a way. Personally, I would rather gunmen than car bombs.

If you want to be safe learn to protect yourself.

Edit: This wasn't even a mass shooting, it was a custody dispute. Shit like this happens all the time, the only reason this is news is because it involved a gun.

15. Trust me, if these shops do anything 'shady', they're going to get severely ass raped by the legal system. A Class 3 FFL (which is what you need to be able to sell firearms) is pretty damn difficult to get - lots of paperwork. It also makes you subject to inspection by the ATF (regardless of what class FFL you have, actually) whenever they have a notion to do so, with very little to no warning.

An illegal firearms sale in a shop is one of the quickest ways to go to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison, in a lot of instances, for life.

16. i made one "childish" remark in the OP oh no. cause no ones EVER done that in GC. playing on emotions? not even sure what you mean by that. calling me an anti gun lobbyist? call it what you like but i am right sick of seeing innocent people gunned down in places they should feel completely safe. movie theaters, malls, colleges, ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS, hospitals. it's fucking ridiculous. so label me whatever you want, but i still think SOMETHING needs to be done. AGAIN, no i DONT think the 2nd amendment should be abolished in any way shape or form. so either continue putting words into my mouth and making no rebuttals, or actually engage in an intelligent conversation ON TOPIC.

17. a domestic dispute in a parking lot is not a school shooting.

excellent fear mongering attempt though.. 7/10

18. i would rather swords. can you imagine if you had robbers and potential killers had to get into a sword fight with the other person before robbing or killing them? maybe the world wouldnt have so much pussies.

19. i said shooting at college. not school shooting.

20. #20 AugustWest, Jan 16, 2013
    no. in the OP you said "3 school shootings in less than a month"
    i quoted it before you edited it out.

we can get a mod to vouch if you like..

playing on peoples fears and emotions is not cool.

you were so excited when you read that headline that you couldn't wait to post about another school shooting..
    you shoulda read the article before making the thread.