Shiva Skunk here I come.. :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by irieluv, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Damnit I just had this whole post made up and closed the window, but I'm excited enough to retype it.. lol.. So I ordered some Shiva Skunk seeds a few weeks ago and I have 16 of them that popped, plus four freebie strains that I didn't mark so I guess I can rename them if they are some good pheno's :)

I mistakenly ordered three blocks of birds nest coco and two blocks of the chips, but it must have been destiny eheh .. I went ahead and used 50/50 chips/birds nest, and then mixed that 50/50 with perlite and it seems to be a great medium that my babies are starting to really love.. It's more of a hydro overtone with the birdsnest, it's consistency reminds me of rockwool although airier.. So, I have been watering them every 12 hours and very soon(today or tomorrow) they will be put on a drip that comes waters every few hours.. I am employing a run to waste system rather than flood and drain as my excperience goes I(and my plants) prefer this type of watering system..

I'm excited cause these Shiva's are noted to like hydro, and this way I've got them setup seems to be cooperating quite nicely with them.. I will veg them 4 more weeks give or take a bit based on their growth. I will be grabbing 4-5 clones off of each as to identify pheno's so I can save some moma's and propogate this strain, and perhaps those other femenized strains should I find good pheno's.. The Shiva's were standards, as I've been accustomed lately to finding my mothers from standard seeds rather than fem'd ones.. Just personal preference I suppose..

They are under a 400w t5 and today or tomorrow will be placed under a 600w hps cooltube ( I picked up 2 new digital lumitek 600's for 250$ with cooltubes!) which is what they will flower under, I may depending on the square footage they drink up place another 400w MH in the mix just to amp the whole deal up a bit.. we'll see.. Using pureblend pro veg and flower with cal-mag and RO water..

I love these babies alot, and apparently they can feel the love and are reciprocating I popped them about 2 weeks ago and then had to wait on the coco to arrive before transplant, which slowed them down a big.. but all in all they're firing off great in their new medium, and seem to love the mixture.. You can basically sit in there and watch the little buggards grow! :D Super stoked!

Attached Files:

• 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      278.3 KB
      Views:
    • rooty.jpg
      rooty.jpg
      File size:
      14.3 KB
      Views:
    • 046.JPG
      046.JPG
      File size:
      266.8 KB
      Views:
    • 048.JPG
      048.JPG
      File size:
      288.1 KB
      Views:
    • 042.JPG
      042.JPG
      File size:
      346 KB
      Views:
    • 029.JPG
      029.JPG
      File size:
      260.8 KB
      Views:
    • 032.JPG
      032.JPG
      File size:
      312.7 KB
      Views:
    • 089.JPG
      089.JPG
      File size:
      342.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Hopefully you have lots of room cause they will get huge in hydro or soilless! Great stuff if you let it go 9 weeks you will love it!

3. I'm pullin up a chair for this..... Thanks for sharing :)