Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

shitty scale

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tokerkyle, May 17, 2010.

1. Aight , so I bought this piece of shit from Target, only to figure out afterwards it only weighs out 1g increments. Sucks.

Digital Food Scale : Target

Luckily I didn't spend any money on it except a target gift card. I guess it will still work for weighing out grams and stuff but a couple days ago my friend told me scales like this one round up to the next gram when it reaches .5 ? Will this scale get things done for me or should i return it and get a new one?

2. I think your friend is right... Get a new one if you can.

3. Definitely return it and make sure to get one that weighs to .1 the one you have is pretty useless if you weighed 28 grams it could either be 27.5 or 28.4

4. ya bro just get a new scale.... go to a head shop or pawn shop or smoke shop. All three usually have scales for pretty cheap... i work at a smoke shop and we have digi's that wiegh 600g to the .1 for 13.99. The worst part is u prolly paid more for that shit scale at target

5. #5 tokerkyle, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
    Yeahhh, it really sucks but I picked up nug the other day and needed one really badly. Also I'd love to find a scale for cheap like that but i'd probably have to go to the city.

Theoretically though, if I slowly added nug to the scale for it to read 1gs, I actually would have .5 grams? Obviously this isn't accurate at all but do you think i'd be able to get a gram by doing this twice to form a gram?

6. ya dude prolly not cuz like u said if u dropped shake on till it read 1 that would actually be.5 and if u kept putting it on till it read 2 that would be 1.5.... thats only if it rounds up at .5 and there ain't no tellin. What state are u in?

7. get a new one, you need to the tenth of a gram at least.

8. Massachusetts. I see ur from colorado, Im actually moving to boulder next year and saw iphone scales there for 25, I shoulda bought one when i had the chance :/ .

9. ya man boulder is a great place, ya i was gonna say go check out one of the stores i work for but there ain't any back east.