Shitty news...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by anarkin, Dec 23, 2005.

1. The past 2 or 3 months I've been feeling really shitty, tired and sore and just not well, I also had a huge swelling on my neck. I was going to my family doctor for a bit but all his tests were coming back negative and could not figure out what I have, so he sent me to a General Surgeon who wanted to biopsy my neck, he hinted that it might be cancer but he was not sure. I had my biopsy two weeks ago and got the stiches removed yesterday, the doctor also told me what he found out, I have hodgkins lymphoma, it's a type of cancer and is cureable with 6 months of chemo therapy, I have 2 CT scans next week to see if it has spread anywhere else on my body. If it has I will need more chemo therapy or radition treatment. The doctor reassured me that this is not deadly but Im still not looking forward to 6 months of chemo, but hopefully this will open the doors for medical marijuana.

2. that sucks man i hope you get through as painlessly as possible.

3. damn man, you will get throught this. it will be shitty, but you will keep your life. i hope all goes well.

4. Good luck man, my thoughts are with you. One my best friends just died of cancer last week.

5. Good luck and stay strong. Don't ever give up, you'll pull through.

6. good luck man

i hope you can get medical mj :)

7. hey, curable cancer is the kind you want to have. stay strong, keep looking to the positive stuff - you'll make it through just fine, and with a source for great weed.

8. Hey dude, im very sorry to hear that.
    my grandfather died of cancer when my father was 16.
    i never got to meet him.

where was your swelling? how big?

if the doc. says it is curable, then i hope you get through the chemo alright. i know that stuff can screw around with your body quite a bit, but if need be, go for it.

as for med. marijuana. if they do give you a card or something, then you would probably be better off cooking brownies or somethin as opposed to smoking it as smoking would possibly just make your existing condition worse.

i will keep you in my prayers, and i wish the best of luck to you my friend.

stay strong and pull through.

9. im sorry man, never let some goddamned cancer ever kill you good luck, hope to see you back on herer soon. stay positive.

10. The swelling was on the base of my neck on the right side so the biopsy kept me from moving my head around and made my arm pretty stiff but now with the stiches out everything seems to be moving ok again, the lump is like a handfull, that dosen't help but I don't really know how to measure it, Its not overly large and its not noticeable under a heavy sweater, but it spreads out across the whole base of my neck.

and to add insult to injury, Im dry untill atleast new years now, I geuss it's only like a week though and Christmas should keep me busy :)

Edit: and thank you all for your kind words, the only thing bringing me down right now is all the tears from the ones who care about me, I want everyone to be happy that Im not dieng instead of sad that I'm sick.

Edit 2: And don't worry to much about me, Ive got family in the hospitals that are moving all my appointments around, I had CT scans that I need to get done before anything else schedueled for 2 weeks from now and they are now next Wednesday, Im also going to see one of the best lymphoma doctors in the world because he is in Toronto only like 2 hours away. Im getting mad hookups health wise, I just hope the pot pulls through, it's the one bonus from all this.

11. damn id give ya mad grams for free if I knew ya

to help with shitty times

12. damn, that sucks man i'd be pretty shocked if i got cancer, i hope that you get better soon..

13. Sorry to hear man, Ive had many people in my family die from cancer. goodluck with the treatment and hopefully you may get a medicinal marijuana hookup:D

14. Good luck man. Cheers.

15. Hm..that kinda scares me haha...im the same way, i have a couple huge lummps on my neck, 'Lymp Notes' or some shit, but the fam. doc said it was nohting, maybe i should get it checked?

Thanks, this opened my eyes a little bit :p

16. you should get those checked out def.

17. Thats exactly what I have, it could be anything from mono to lymphoma, which is cancer.

Anyway, I went in for some CT scans today, the cancer has not spread anywhere else so I only need 6 months of chemo, Im going up to princess margaret hospital next Friday to see when I start my chemo. Ive felt like shit every single day since my last post, Im gonna be happy when this is over.

18. i hope you feel better soon dude.

19. Im back from Toronto, I got some more bad news: I need I bone marrow biopsy which is being done on Monday as well as 2 or 3 other tests before I can start chemo, but that did not bother me as much as the fact that my treatment will most likely make me 100% sterile. On a better note I can participate in a experimental procedure that has all the same side effects of the normal chemo but it will take 1-2 months less time.

20. luckily its cureable, and hey medical marijuana is verrrrrrrrrry good