Shitloads of Fighting Between Georgia and Russia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sometimesitrip, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Show me where I said that.....

2. So which is it, a news organization that gives you both sides of the story or liberal propaganda?

3. #103 JudasCanna, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008

Ok......where in there do I say that they are honest and balanced?

I did not say a single thing about them being fair, honest, or balanced. I said out of all the networks, you have a better chance of hearing both points of view there than at any of the others. And that's true. Even though it doesn't happen often, it's still true.

Seriously, if I wanted to hear a whiney baby, I would go take candy from one.

Did you graduate high school? You aren't showing me any form of logic or reasoning. You totaly just quoted me, and then deleted half of the things I said. Haha.

To answer your question......just as I made it seem in the original post.....they are a bit of both, while most of the rest are extremely liberal.

4. what's the difference between "a bit of both" and "fair and balanced"?

5. #105 JudasCanna, Aug 19, 2008

This is your qoute from another thread August, do you really want to start debating this too? Cause it looks like you pretty much said the same thing I did but in different words. The post that douche is trying to qoute me from is from the same thread this quote of yours is from.....and I was saying the same thing.

I said this:

The only new network out there that isn't completely biased in Fox News. They usually give you both sides of the story, sometimes a little more of one side than the other. For the most part all you are gonna get from the news networks are liberal points of views.

Both of the people we have running for office are crooked on some level. But I would trust McCain to be better for the country as a whole than Obama.

Then went on to say this:

said they aren't completely biased, use your head before opening the mouth. That's what Milton Friedman would have done.

They, unlike the other news networks, will say which side they are supporting most times when they are talking about an issue.

I'm not saying they are saints.....I'm saying out of all of the networks....that's probably one of the only ones you might see both conservative and liberal views on.

You can go read it for yourself in context to what was being discussed.

6. none. but both sides are propaganda. difference is one of them is more or less true while the other one is pretty much bullshit

7. Strike from mankind a princible of faith and men would have no more history then a flock of sheep-Mark Beltaire

I give you a credible source to why you show bias and you call me a sheep. I think your misguided faith in conservative values has blinded you on how business is being conducted in that side of the world.

8. It's all bullshit.

Both sides liberal and conservative bend the facts and cherry pick issues to try and prove their point at one point or another. No one is innocent. Especialy polititians.

But you don't have to go along with the media, you don't have to play in to their obvious ploy to belittle our current leaders and try and convince the nation of one thing or another.

9. Business smisuness. It's good for our country to be on Georgia's side. The resources there are great. If South Ossetia was independent all that good stuff would go to Russia. I am an American and I am for what is good for our country. YES, Georgia keeping South Ossetia is good. YES, it sucks innocent people have to die. Either way, on this issue, I side with our governments leaders.

10. yeah sure..

Don't try and turn your failure to answer the questions on me.
    I specifically stated at the beginning of the post that all of the networks in my opinion are corrupt.

i said that fox is in the tank as well, but they at least tell you who they're in the tank for (ie hannity and colmes). I was under the impression that news outlets are supposed to keep their political biases to themselves and not be in the tank for anyone (publicly at least)

you stated that fox "gives both sides of the story" which is totally different than what i said.
    all of this because you don't want to answer the original question to your post about liberal propaganda.
    You said some other posts were "sad liberal propaganda".
    When confronted about fox news reporting this "propaganda" you went on about the fair and balanced thing, and ignored the fact that what you call liberal propaganda is being reported on fox news.
    None of this has anything to do with anything i posted in another thread regarding my opinions of fox news.

11. I said they were all corrupt. I just didn't see the need to spell it out for people. I kinda thought that the people in here went through some kind of reading comprehension during some point in their lives. I suppose I wished for too much.

And actually, he's trying to make a point that since I said out of all the networks, you might have a better chance of hearing both sides on FOX, that everything on there is fair and balanced. Where did I say that? I said the same thing you did in different words, so yeah it kinda does have something to do with it.

You've been trying to catch me up in a few threads and haven't yet. The despiration I smell in you and a few others in here to prove you're right with no proof stinks enough to knock a horse out.

12. #112 Norma Stits, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
    well? Or did you just call "liberal propaganda" without watching the video?

13. #113 JudasCanna, Aug 19, 2008

Russia has said it may target its missiles at Ukraine if its neighbour joins Nato and accepts the deployment of the US missile defence shield.

At this time, this close to the elections, it's time to pick sides. You see the media up in arms about fighting in Georgia, second guessing our current leaders. The democrats want in, showing talks about missle defence is another way to scare the public. Oh no, Russia is gonna attack, Oh no. We better not elect McCain. Oh no, he's gonna have us in the middle of a world war. Oh no.

You know, you don't see them making a big deal about Edwards admitting to cheating on his wife with a chick that was filming his campaign. Not to mention that his wife was battling cancer at the time.

Oh no, those things can't be played on the news more than once or twice. Too many people might see it and start to question the values of the democrats we have in office.

But when a republican does something, says something, anything....they get crucified.

I am all for US missle defence systems in the Ukraine. America, fuck yeah.

When a little girl from San Fransisco comes on TV and starts thanking Russia for invading Georgia.....I stop listening. Many people have been at the wrong place, at the wrong time. Just because you happened to be, doesn't mean that our government is wrong for backing Georgia. I would say the same thing if happened to someone in my family.

Her family knew there was tension there. Letting her go is just bad parenting.

14. The person talking with her was her relative that she was visiting when the fighting broke out, she was a South Ossetian talking about how Georgia is in the wrong and how Russia was in the right. Why is Russia automatically in the wrong with you?

The only renowned resources that South Ossetia holds are timber, manganese, iron ore, and copper and coal deposits. Those resources are just as rich in Georgia as South Ossetia. There are two pipelines that go through the land and 4 major roads border crossings along the mountain ranges that seperate Georgia from Russia. I think when we become so patriotic and greedy that we allow for democracy to fall to a tolitarian rule, it is a sad time to be an American. Georgia is trying to take back South Ossetia because they want to control the roads, so when they get out of hand, Russia can't storm in as easy and put them straight.

15. If the media doesn't second guess our leaders (which they don't do enough of) who will?
    Or do you think they should never be second guessed by the media?

16. i think this is the last war the earth will ever see....the russians stole american tanks and humvees.sooner or later the u.s. will get involved and two nuclear superpowers at war isnt good....i think dec. 21 2012 is the day nukes will be used and its all over....if ur not familliar with that date google it

17. .......

18. facepalm.

everyone who thinks that the world will end on that date should go ahead and kill themselves.

i mean youre gonna die in 2012 anyway, right?

so go ahead and off yourself and rid the world of your stupidity.

19. dude it's true! even google says so!

20. I can make google say anything I want.

:D