Shitloads of Fighting Between Georgia and Russia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sometimesitrip, Aug 8, 2008.

1. haha, agreed. :smoking:

U.S. troops start training

Anti-war, Anti-spin editorial by Justin Raimondo: The Real Aggressor

He makes the analogy that it is similar to Columbia bombing Panama, and the US protecting our citizens there.

2. Yeah ,theres no rusian soldirz in da ATL yo we ready fo them muhfuchkas

3. #83 bigred420, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
    Just heard on the news, cease fire.

Good for both sides.

4. It's called a ceasefire and the Russians have continued to bomb villages despite their claims.

5. I question your claims, fool. Didn't some Western media already claim the pipeline was bombed? How quick did you eat that lie up?

Russia ended attacks before the ceasefire.

6. to bad there are no Georgia users to tell us if it's true or not

7. Once upon a time, not that long ago actually, there was this country called Serbia. Some of the inhabitants of that country was not entirely happy about living under Serb rule, so they broke out. War ensued, Serbia was to put it mildly, parked by the wayside and Kosovo was born.

What now happens in Georgia is an analogue to the Kosovo precedent. Though, it is not the western powers that now guarantee the will of an indigenous population wanting to break free from the rule of another ethnic group, it is the Russians.

I'm not saying the Kosovo ordeal was right, neither the current South Ossetia thing. I'm just saying that before we condemn the russians for their current actions, we need to remind ourself that it was western powers that started to support breakaway ethnic groups from already established countries.

And not to put to finer a point on things, the Georgians remember, was the first to use the heavy guns in this conflict. Seriously, they could not expect mighty Russia to just sit idly by, could they now? Don't tickle the bear you do not intend to awake. They, that is the Georgian leadership, took a huge gamble and now they lost. They'll just have to learn to live with that. Like the Serbs do.

8. #88 Deutschbag, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2008
  9. The US has a history of being selective with the independence/separatist movements it chooses to support.

During WW1, when Woodrow Wilson extolled the concept of "self determination" in his set of political ideals known as the "14 points", he chose to support Serbian independence and nationalism, yet gave no support to the Irish who hoped to earn their freedom from Britain. He is even quoted as saying that he wished to tell them to "go to hell".

It seems like the US only supports independence when it will aid the US in some form.
    So much for being about freedom and liberty.

A majority of legitimate independence and separatist movements (South Ossetian, Abkhazian, Chechen, Uyghur, etc.) in the world seem to go unaided by the governments of the major powers, its a shame.

10. This is big y'all.

A nice preview for WWIII...

The media is saying things like "The United States is warning Russia..."

We're going to go get our nose in this fucking bullshit...

11. We have to Georgia is our ally. They are trying to get into NATO and the EU. The Russian defense minister I think said " some leaders become obstacles". That's Russia for ya. There is nothing between the Russian army and Tbilisi.

12. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uLcFeVz8yRM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uLcFeVz8yRM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLcFeVz8yRM

my fear on this issue just multiplied, even if this is only half truths and exaggerated, very scary.

13. why would you hope for war?I hope Usa stays out of it.Im from Australia.We are American Allies.Why is it always up to us[USA and Allies to fix the worlds probs.??I was always taught NOT to throw the first punch.I believe in self defence,but not attack.I dont think we should go to ANY foriegn country to atack.If Rusia invaded America,thats a different story,but evan then,I still dont believe in attack,only defense,,but thats just my opinion.

14. More sad liberal propaganda.

15. do you think that the US wanting to put these "missile defense systems" in the Ukraine is liberal propaganda?

16. But it was on Fox News, where everything is fair and balanced:rolleyes:.