Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

shipping to FL, USA... safe??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stilldeciding2, Mar 11, 2010.

1. hi,

new GrassCity user here. I live in FL, USA and am looking to buy a basic bong from the site but am worried about the safety. I know it comes internationally and has to go through customs. Is it possible that the package could be stopped in customs or on its way to FL and I could get in trouble with the law?? I know that drug paraphernilia is illegal in FL and I don't want to put myself at any risk.

thanks
    J

2. It should be fine. It's just a "tobacco product" until you smoke weed out of it :p

3. right, i know it is just a glass pipe that can technically be used for tobacco. But has anyone in the US or in FL gotten caught buying from grasscity? What could potentially happen??

4. like the guy said., its no different then buying one from a head shop. it wnt get picked up by customs and u wont get in trouble. its a tobacco product. nothing illegal about it.

5. you shouldn't have a problem unless you buy something that has weed leaves etc on it then you might have problems

6. I am also kinda worried i recently odered bout 203$ worth took the free ship. it left out april 2 2010. and i didnt get anything in y mailbox or recieved a package yet but its not quite time. But my reason for worrying is i got the weedstar messias illusion single perc a weed star 3 arm a/c. along with sum bowls, a my weigh c300 scale, and 2 bottles of pipe cleaner. Yeah i needed to stock up :D. I broke my old bong an the scale will not be 4 sale purposes but just to make sure i'm not getting ripped off when i buy my fine pipe tobacco :smoke: (from shady people). I hope everything goes through well. i ordered from a site be4 to get a grinder and a bong stem off a website be4 but i do not remember the url. other than that this is my only expierence i've had online. And i think grasscity looks way more legit than any other i can find. Please someone tell me something to calm my paronia. :(

7. I live in FL too, and while I've never ordered anything of this nature offline, my friends have ordered a lot of bongs/pipes/scales/grinders/vapes/etc, and nothing has ever gotten stopped. They won't stop a smoking device like that. Try shipping like a pound of some super dank herbs to your house, then they might stop it:smoke:

hope you enjoy :bongin:

8. I live in FL and I've ordered a pipe from GC and I didnt have any problems at all. The wait was a little long, but totally worth it!

9. Maybe you should smoke tobacco out of it first, then when they smell it and expect weed they just smell pipe tobacco :metal:

10. Well, to clarify, "drug" paraphernalia (one of these days I'll learn to spell that damn word without Google's help) is illegal everywhere. Now water pipes for the use and consumption of tobacco and other legal herbs is perfectly legal.

That being said, there's a bill going on right now to pretty much KILL the sale of glass pipes in Florida. Search for bill 187 and you'll find more info on it. It's not been voted on yet(soon), so bottom line is there's still plenty of head-shops in Florida that sell the exact same hardware you're looking to ship. You should have NO legal issues shipping it to Florida(for now).

11. unless there's state laws (you'll have to look that up), you're fine. a "water pipe" is perfectly legal until an illegal drug is smoked with it. there's really nothing to worry about when ordering a piece... people order seeds all the time and even then you're pretty damn safe. from what i understand, generally the worst thing that happens even with seed orders is they'll stop it, send you a note why you didn't receive the seeds, and you continue your day as normal. they might flag your name for future shipments, but it's not a big deal (unless you ordered A LOT of seeds, or something).

granted, there are some more worst-case-scenarios than that ^, but just ordering a bong... you're fine man. :hello:

12. Awesome i am new to these forums and things also. but i also wanted to mention i got all that stuff i mentioned earlier from grasscity.com. this site is way easier than any other i have seen. i think there should be a thread for the buyers who might be kinda cautious to reassure them about shipping in us. I've heard also that shipping with ups is fair and fast but ive heard a few bad things about usps being slow with thier pckages and scanning stuff like that. also with fed ex.:confused_2:

13. im from FL as well and was a little scurred to make the purchase but i did alot of research before hand and nothing seems illegal unless you try to ship seeds which GC wont even do.

14. My package still didnt come today. It's been 7 days after they shipped but they did say it could be delayed and take up to 2 weeks.I'm going to give it an extra day for the day it shipped out. I hope it gets here tomorrow. If not i will have to wait untill monday:(. i'm just hoping i get it b4 the 20th. and i will be fine.

15. i know this is an old thread, but i wanted to find out if the "bong bill" that got passed affects the shipment of bongs into florida. i'm looking to place a $200 order from the gc shop to get the free shipping and i wanted to make sure that it won't be confiscated at customs.

it seems that the law only pertains to the sale of bongs by in state headshops that receive less than 75% of their profits from the sale of tobacco products, but i wanted to make sure. thanks:smoke::smoke:

16. #16 GutteralShiva, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    Weren't bongs/waterpipes made illegal in FL last year? Or did they change that law already

17. well the "bong bill" that passed was just pertaining to headshops within the state selling bongs if they recieved less than 75% of their profits from tobacco products. im not sure about getting bongs internationally shipped here though.