Shipping Laws for the US

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Friendlytoker22, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Hey GC users,

Hoping someone could lend some insight to my situation. I've been discussing the trading of clones, seeds, and the like with a few other passionate people and getting things from Point A to Point B is the biggest question.

I've had friends in CO tell me you can mail a clone to and from within the state using next day and everything works well. Others get seeds sent in from here and there as well, be it in a legal state or not. I'm confused on state laws and federal laws intertwining and what not. Its all sort of confusing. Last thing i want is a knock on my door from the boys in blue, or worse.

If anyone has any thoughts, or past stories in regards to this, or personal findings, hit me up. Ill be on the search grind till then.

Thank you
    Stay smokey =]

2. USPS is a federally run organization. So I would imagine that it would be risky to ship thru them. Fed ex and ups not so much. As long as it's wrapped securely.

Nah I don't do drugs. I smoke weed.

3. I could even go through some mom and pops deliver system if need be. Id love to be able to start trading with those far and wide as i love learning new things, new plants included. thanks.

4. That would be a good idea. As long as they seem cool. I would think Christmas time would be ideal for delivery since everybody and they mama would be sending gifts thru the mail.

Nah I don't do drugs. I smoke weed.

5. thats a good idea. Im sure the processing would be more lax due to the sheer increase in delivery of goods. Ill definitely take that one into consideration. Have you ever mailed or received?

6. Is It possible to buy a clone online

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. USPS is the only way to go. It's a fellony to open someone's mail. Who knows that better than the post office. I have shipped edibles usps that stunk. No problem. I shipped it to a hotel. Stunk up the managers office where they kept it. No one could open though.

8. I dont know if its possible to buy them from like a seed bank or medical center, but you could online from a local grower or non local grower that you get in nice with. I was told if i had them shipped, the would come in a zip lock storage container, and each cuttings end would have one of those little plastic viles with the whole in the lid for the stem to stay moist like you get on single carnation flowers.

im going to have to look into there shipping laws. Id like a place where i wouldn't have to sign for anything, but i feel that's going to be very hard to find.

9. Hey Friendly,

My brother-in-law lives 1000 miles from me & we swap stuff often.  Seeds and finished product.  We haven't tried clones..

We have used USPS & UPS, both, and not had any problems.  For something with a strong aroma, we put the container, be it a zip or jar, into a larger tupperware.  Then run a bead of hot glue or caulk around the seal.  It makes it good & air-tight!  Pack it in a box with peanuts or paper & go...

Might be over-kill, but haven't had a problem with this method.

Maybe PM me, I might be interested in trying to swap some clones....or??.

Happy

10. This is exactly what im looking for, this exact kind of info. So basically as long as i turn the package into a air tight, water tight pill casing of sorts. I mean, that would only make sense. Ive been at other houses when they received packages of this and that, ranging from bud to hash and oil all the way to OZ of powdered drugs and the like. And from what ive seen, everything gets shipped the same for the most part. Tons of wrapping and containers with an appropriate sized box and stuffing, and usually delivered next day.

I just worry about losing product or trade in the process. It would be crappy for both parties.

Thank you. again.