Shipping Container Grow Rooms

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by swtcontainer, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Hey All

I work for a container company and we are looking into producing containers for growers that aren't completely decked out like the Pharmpods but are also a little more ready for growers than just your basic container.

This being said I'm looking for what you guys would consider the most important basic features of a container for growing (vents, electricity, rooms, etc).

Right now we intend on painting the containers with white titanium dioxide paint for reflectivity, man doors (instead of having to open the container door), insulation, electrical outlets, and light hangers.

What are your guys' suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I would put about a foot of spray foam insulation on the outside of the container .
    Summer they get way hot ,winter your freeze ...
    Or spray paint with somethin that the steel will not rust and make them where they can be buried .....

I have some shipping containers , and I got a buddy who has a track hoe and a backhoe .
    I would love to bury one , but no idea if the city or county would permit burying a shipping container

3. Once it's underground they will never know.

• Like Like x 5
  4. I don't know how many people you know that have buried a shipping container .
    But getting it buried without anyone knowing is close to impossible .
    The one and only person I know that tried this got busted .....

I have too much to loose to do that illegally.

PS nice ass in your avatar

5. Depends where you live. Out in the sticks without civilization for miles, like where I'm at...Im sure I could get it done unnoticed if I were to rent the right machinery and do it quickly.

6. Think it's a great idea. The main issue is always the hot/cold temps. You inside insulation needs to be good as you don't want to comprise the outside look. As Headhunterpipes says They get hot in summer and especially here in the UK bloody freezing most of the time.
    For stealth growing discreet ventilation maybe out the ceiling so away from eyes and ears.

A good set of adjustable railings for lights to hang off. Fully adjustable so hangers can be easily slid up and down., side to side. The ceiling heights an issue to keep as much as possible for plants.

I'd like to have a fuse board wired, ready to take incoming supply. A ring of trunking all around with plenty of sockets, maybe a thermostat too.

Just a few of my thoughts. Got my mind running now how I'd do it and where I could place one. Got one idea already. Have a friend who converts old council pods and containers into bespoke outhouses and trailers. I'd love to try it myself as I'm sure most people here would.

GREAT IDEA, LOVE TO SEE SOME PICTURES, KEEP US UPDATED

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

7. Extra good security. Those things are magnets for savages and thieves.

Have a survivalist upgrade so you can get in on the prepper market too. Maybe they could also serve to grow vegetables for end times zombie apocalypse.

What's the name of the company? If you use my idea I want a free one buried in my backyard.

• Like Like x 1
  8. We want lots of insulation. The more the better. We want a man door, 3/0. We want a high quality non corrosive coating on the outside. Either roof vents or side vents built very high into the side walls for exhaust. Air intake cut down low near ground level the size of typical AC filter, maybe with a filter mount over the a screen. The more versatile the light hangers the better. That's one thing very cool about tents. They light hanger system is excellent. The pipe running all the way down each long side allows simple pipes to run across the short way to provide light hangers. These rest on top of the long pipes so the hangers can slide where ever necessary to make on the fly adjustment of light placement to any spot in the garden.

Optional ac's sized for different lighting systems is going to be your ticket. I don't think anyone is doing that. If you had a good engineer build you some optional split ac systems and included exhaust air vents people would love it.