Shipping container grow room HELP

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by NolaNordic, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Greetings all, we’ve got a 40ft shipping container broken into a clean room, veg, and flower.
    We’ve gotten lighting figured out, nutea figured out, humidity and temps figured out. CO2 and hydro setup is only question left.
    Drip tray VS Dutch bucket?
    CO2 dispenser recommendations?
    Electric panel advice?

2. You need an electrician for electrical advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Also what nurtrients are you using? Why not go with soil? Hydroponic systems are finicky and
    there are more opportunities for things to go very wrong. Things can go wrong in soil or a soilless organics approach too, but the flavor and end product of organics is so much superior to that of hydro. Also the costs are far less than bottled nutrients especially if running a ROLS/ no till set up.

Nature evolved to create the perfect life sustaining system and we have reinvented the wheel with hydro systems. The only places in nature that are hydroponic are plants that grow near/ in rivers or directly above or inside aquifers and ocean vegetation.

If I was going to recommend a hydro set up I would recommend using coconut coir as a completely soilless medium. It is hydroponics because the porosity of coco is so that it offers extreme amounts of oxygen to the root-zone. It’s easy to deal with for first timers. If you do that then you could get a blumats automated watering system or even build something like a drip irrigation system on your own from plumbing and aquarium components.

A cubic foot size would give a better idea as to what the room will need for electrical capacity/ how many lights you can fit.

Also another big question is what are you choosing for lighting? A good LED may cost a lot upfront but it will outperform any hid. Double ended will perform well and even a regular mogul socket light will do good but new state of the art led fixtures are something I want to get immediately they also require about 40-60% the electricity of an HID fixture

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum