Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shipping buds in a safe?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lawfishjones22, Nov 28, 2013.

1. I was wondering if you shipped an o through the mail in a locked safe, and if the mail inspectors opened the box and found the safe would they be allowed to open it? Cause i thought its illegal for cops to open a locked safe without a warrent. And i doubt the inspectors would go threw the trouble to get the cops involved and get a warrent just for one little package and dont cops need probable cause or something to even get a warrent in the first place. Idk, opinions please?

2. have you smoked yourself retarded.

3. Goofy idea to me. vacuum sealed bags put in flat rate boxes will make it just fine.

So many packages this time of year its not funny, they just want to keep shit moving not fuck with every one of them.

4. If a dog hit on it I would say that would give them probable cause...but they would probably just go ahead and deliver it in order to make the bust...you're messing with federal charges when you use the postal service this way....I wouldn't do it.....

5. Dumb as fuck to ship bud IMO unless you're part of a large organization that has it down to a science (I have a dealer who gets bud from the entire way across the country, literally as I'm on one coast it comes from the other, not even vacuum sealed, been doing it for years)

6. Shipping a safe would probably be expensive.

This is defo in the wrong section.

7. A little lockbox wouldn't cost a lot. I found this awesome info one time on sending through usps. You have to ise a real business adress and name for the return address and when you or whomever gets the package leave it by the door for a few days unopened in case they try to come back or your mail man was an undercover that day. Just tell them you weren't supposed to be getting any package and you don't know who it is so you were going to take it back to the post office. As long as it's unopened they got nothin on you.

8. [​IMG]
    Buy or ask whoever SWIY is sending it to to buy regionally.

You do have a point about the 4th Amendment, but I do believe it is not applied to postals. I know for a fact if it was international that customs have all the right to look into it, so I don't see how that'd be too different from domestic postals but I'm not 100%.

9. #9 smokeylungs, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    If its going to the same country like USA to USA then why not? people ship drugs all the time, if its going threw customs then no, you would need a way better packing method then in a safe, they would be able to open it because they need to inspect it. but save yourself the money on a safe and get a vacuum sealer, and wrap it in a bunch of bags

10. definitely vacuumed sealed and hidden underneath some stuff

11. unless its a lead safe they can just xray it

12. Ship weed at your own risk 

13. No offense, this would be a very stupid idea, why risk federal prison time, for an ounce of pot? I'd say don't do it, an ounce of pot is definitely not worth going to prison for 10 years, unless you're cool with that. Drug dogs, X-Rays they will sniff it, giving probable cause, open your shit, reseal it, and bust both sender and receiver for using the federal postal service to commit a crime. 

I urge you not to do it man, not worth it.