Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shipping a lightly used bong to a different state?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by l0calw0manruinseverything, Nov 30, 2014.

1. I know this topic has probably been brought up a zillion times already but I'm really paranoid and 
    I want to make sure I've done every precaution necessary to be safe shipping a bong in the mail.

So here's the situation: I recently bought a bong, I've only used it a few times and it never even got to the point where it was "dirty" per say. But I want to ship it from my dorm in Oregon to my hometown in Iowa, so obviously I had to clean it out really well. I bought some isopropyl alcohol and sea salt, I dissembled the bowl from the rest of the bong (other than that I can't really take the bong apart anymore), I rinsed thoroughly in hot water and then cleaned with the salt and isopropyl alcohol, covered all the holes and shook it all up for 5-10 minutes. I also currently have it soaking overnight in a Ziplock with Formula 420.

I plan to wrap it up in bubble wrap and newspaper, seal it up, mark it as fragile, and send it through FedEx.

I've read through lots of forums and I think I should be okay. I'm probably being overly paranoid but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Do you think I'm doing everything necessary to ensure that I won't be caught? Is there anything else I should do before I mail it?

2. Caught for what? It's not illegal to do unless you're shipping it to Pennsylvania or I believe Illinois but shipping a bong to Iowa isn't a problem. No one would know the difference between a properly cleaned piece and a new one. As long as it doesn't have resin on it than its completely legal to ship.

3. shipping glass is not illegal.

shipping dirty glass is another story so just make sure that bitch is pristine lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Glass = Legal, Glass with residue = ILLEGAL
    As long as it's spotless, your good to go, they won't waste their time testing it if it's clean, and that's assuming they would have any reason to search the box at all. Peace.

5. Put in a brand new screen as well...

6. Yeah, I just don't know how thoroughly inspected packages are/what the process is I guess? It'll be clean as fuck, but I dunno if dogs could find anything...

7. Clean that thing like crazy. If any residue of illegal drugs is found by the feds your in some deep shit.

8. lol most they'll do is confiscate it most likely. they dont give a shit about some dudes bong, they got bigger fish to fry :smoking:

9. #9 *guest, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    Everything I've read says that it's actually a better idea to send things like that through USPS, because they're government and need a warrant to search your mail while FedEx and UPS don't. 

Not that you should have any problems if it's completely clean, but I think I'd honestly feel more comfortable with USPS :confused_2:

10. Okay. So I cleaned the thing really well. I used the isopropyl and salt and shook it up like crazy and there's no way there's any residue in the chamber or the mouthpiece. But I can't detatch the chamber from the tube and it's hard to soak a foot long object, so if I smell the top of the tube it still smells faintly of marijuana. Should I be worried about smell too, or just actual traces of residue? I just don't know when or if dogs would be used or what would prompt an inspection of my package...

11. Run some lemon juice through it for the smell :)

Sent from four score and seven years ago

12. Yeah as long as it isn't getting sent through Chicago customs usps is the way to go. If it has to go through Chicago don't even bother use fedex or ups.