shiny dark green?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yaboo69, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Is it just me or are these leaves unatural looking, about a week old, filtered water, steady 80 degree temp and light 24/7, good substrate mix, these are autofeminized 60 day wonders btw just seems different

Attached Files:

2. yeah they look kinda weird, but i wouldnt worry about it. did you spray anything on them?

also youre overwatering, stop it.

3. whoops just watered again today, i have a zillion holes in the botom so it drains out quick and i dump out the excess water, also i've been misting the leaves several times a day

4. dont mist unless plants are really sick or when cloning. water only when the soil dries out 2 inches deep.

you should also repot them soon, especially since theyre autos. with autos every single thing that slows growth at any time during the grow, such as not having enough root space, directly reduces the yield - which is why autos are actually not newb friendly.
    I wrote a thread on the subject (which was pretty much ignored ;( ), check it out: http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...aking-suggestions-welcome-].html#post17677490

5. I heard your suposed to mist morning and night 2 weeks before flower and until harvest

6. trash that source. youre not supposed to mist healthy plants at all.
    misting with the lights on can have droplets burn spots on the leaves. misting with the lights off just invites powdery mildew. high humidity during flowering causes mold.

7. I heard autos don't like transplanting and therefore should never be done

8. yeah autos shouldnt be done when you could just as well do photos... xD

I already explained autos and transplanting. not the action of transplanting is the problem, the smaller pot beforehand is. if he was to leave those two in those tiny cups, they would pretty much stop growing really soon.

9. Don't do that!

10. Given i should transplant them into bigger containers but when its the pot considered too big.. 1 liter.. 2 liters.. before you know it i have a 3 gallon pot and my plants 5 ft tall

11. since your plants are autos, theyll stay too small anyways. besides too big is never a problem, you can just tie down or cut off whatever you want.
    for the plants to grow up to something like their full potential, try about 10 liters. theyd probably get bigger still with anything up to 30 liters or something, but that wouldnt make much sense.

12. What kind of substrate are you using? The dark green leaves are a result of high N. Silica is supposedly what gives the leaves that shiny waxy look.