SHERIFF '' JOE ARPAIO ''

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Aug 30, 2017.

1. how was I defending? I was just asking some more questions about the information provided..

2. Where he got the info is clear. He listed he links.

• Like Like x 2
  3. #23 jimihendrix42, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    I guess NOBODY has comment on my Jail/Prison Experiences ?? I didn't think so, because people talk shit they have no clue of what they speak.

I did the time, Ive been there, punks ass mfer talk shit of which they have 000 clue.

Buzzer777 provided all of the links to the info. I guess low info cant read, or comprehend.

It’s worth noting, as this 2009 New Yorker profile by William Finnegan does, that most of the so-called “criminals” in Arpaio’s jail were awaiting trial, and had not yet been convicted.

Prisoners in his jails died at alarming rates, with no explanation given.
    The Phoenix New Times investigated the high rate of suicide in Arpaio’s jail, and also reported on his staff’s abuse of a paraplegic, how a stay in his jail caused a woman to lose her baby, and nearly killed a young man with Crohn’s disease.

He withheld resources for investigations of sex crimes.
    Ryan Gabrielson recalled, in this piece for ProPublica, how Arpaio’s obsession with immigration resulted in hundreds of sex crimes going uninvestigated. (Gabrielson won a Pulitzer in 2009 with his East Valley Tribune colleague Paul Giblin for their reporting on Arpaio.)
    He arrested reporters for covering him.
    For all that money he saved by depriving human beings of food, he cost Arizona taxpayers nearly $4 million in a settlement for the Phoenix New Times.

He staged a fake assassination attempt against himself, costing taxpayers more than $1 million.
    His need for attention appears to be truly pathological.

He’s an inveterate liar, even about things that don’t matter.
    In that 2009 New Yorker profile, Arpaio claimed he won a popularity contest that pitched him against Pat Tillman, a hugely talented football player who left the sport at the height of his career to serve in Afghanistan, where he was killed.
    reporter and anti-government extremism expert J.J. MacNab explained on Twitter, when Trump invited Arpaio to speak at the Republican National Convention, “he was using a bullhorn to attract a much larger and more dangerous group” than white supremacists.

His officers burned a dog alive for no reason, then laughed as the dog’s owners cried.
    It’s impossible to highlight just one galling paragraph from this Phoenix New Times story, which includes the wholesale destruction of a home for the pursuit of a young man wanted for traffic violations

He paid a private investigator to go after a judge who found him guilty of racial profiling.
    Naturally.

He’s a fame stalker.
    Not a crime, perhaps, but hardly the behavior of a righteous badass. See, for several examples, that 2009 New Yorker profile, sprinkled throughout with instances of Arpaio worming his way toward being close to celebrities, and commanding media presence at various cruel stunts.

And as Gabrielson notes in his ProPublica look back at Arpaio, the sheriff’s interest in illegal immigration is relatively new, and seemingly motivated by that pathological desire for attention:

Anyone that defends this scum, is as bad, or worse than he is.

• Like Like x 6
  4. That would be Donald Trump and his band of drones.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. #25 HongKongPhooey, Aug 30, 2017
    Because AZ is corrupt.

He was the top sheriff in the biggest county here, he could get away with anything because the good ol boys and rednecks loved his "tough sheriff" shtick.

Many celebrated when he was finally voted out of office, actually found guilty of something and they took down his tent city(aka the County Jail)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. @jman42028
    Arpaio lost in court several times including when he was held in contempt because the judges found overwhelming evidence he was violating people's rights. You can read the court documents, it's not just a he said she said type scenario because the courts actually had reasonable evidence to find him guilty. On top of that Arpaio has lost civil court cases several times costing the state of AZ millions in legal payouts. In these cases there was a preponderance of evidence that he was violating people's rights and mistreating them. A preponderance of evidence in a legal court is a lot more than he said she said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. He really shouldn't have a career in law enforcement.

I don't mind the pardon so much.. But the guy is a fucking thug and needs to just go away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

8. And Buzzer777 provided a lot of info about the court cases costing the people of AZ, but I guess people are to lazy to read, or cant comprehend what they have read?

• Like Like x 2

9. I believe Buzzer777 provided plenty of info.

10. I only disagree because he has been getting away with this for over 40 years and its time he gets what is coming. Trump pardoned him, that don't make all those wrongs magically go away, He needs to be put in his own Tent City and see how fast he changes his tune.
    Joe Arpio's a criminal and thug, Period, People like him ruin it for the good one's....... LOCK HIM UP!!!!! and throw away the Key. IMHO.....
    I would also like to add this, Our Country Needs Younger people not these Old fucks, And I am old too, but these guys grew up around Prejudice and that kind of crap sticks with a person, and these old cucks need to get out of our Politics and we need younger stronger minds.
    Just Saying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. #31 AugustWest, Aug 30, 2017
    That's fine, then we need to change the rules and not allow presidential pardons. I have no problem with that at all.

Until the law is changed than it is what it is, and in the grand scheme of past presidential pardons its pretty unremarkable.

Getting emotionally worked up over it won't solve the problem.
    Every single person who gets pardoned is a criminal of some sort..
    We can debate whether being a racist bigot asshole is worse than being a murderer, but the president has the authority to pardon bad people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. see now this is a well thought out response. I appreciate you @nativetongues even though we don't agree on much you can at least string together an answer!

13. I read what he posted. Calling me lazy when all you have done is copy and paste is kind of counter-intuitive don't you think? All you have done is "look so and so posted this, you are too lazy to read blahhhhhhhhhhh" very constructive, thanks so much for all your added information.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Why ask for references then??

He posted the links.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. because, for some of us its important to hear both sides of a story. Reading articles from a paper that sued the guy for whatever reason, means they probably aren't gonna offer the most fair coverage without bias right?

16. You're wasting your time with this guy - he argues with everyone. Fortunately I pissed him off so bad that he blocked me and he can't read my posts.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. #37 jimihendrix42, Aug 30, 2017
    What he posted lead LEGAL Court Findings. Doesn't matter where they came from. These is No Both Sides.

NO ALTERNATIVE FXCTS.

Fact is Fact.

Arpaio’s department by inmates—or, in the case of deaths in detention, by their families. A federal investigation found that deputies had used stun guns on prisoners already strapped into a “restraint chair.” The family of one man who died after being forced into the restraint chair was awarded more than six million dollars as the result of a suit filed in federal court.

The family of another man killed in the restraint chair got $8.25 million in a pre-trial settlement. (This deal was reached after the discovery of a surveillance video that showed fourteen guards beating, shocking, and suffocating the prisoner, and after the sheriff’s office was accused of discarding evidence, including the crushed larynx of the deceased.)

To date, lawsuits brought against Arpaio’s office have cost Maricopa County taxpayers forty-three million dollars, according to some estimates.

But the Sheriff has never acknowledged any wrongdoing in his jails, never apologized to victims or their families. In fact, many of the officers involved have been promoted.

Other jails get sued, of course. The Phoenix New Times found that, between 2004 and 2008, the county jails of New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Houston, which together house more than six times as many inmates as Maricopa, were sued a total of forty-three times.

During the same period, Arpaio’s department was sued over jail conditions almost twenty-two hundred times in federal district court.

Last year, the National Commission on Correctional Health Care withdrew the health accreditation of Maricopa County’s jails for failing to meet its standards, and a federal judge refused to lift a long-standing consent decree on the jails, finding that conditions remained unconstitutional for pre-trial detainees.

abuse of a paraplegic,

The Paraplegic Guy got his Neck Broken.:devilish::devilish::devilish::cop::cop::angry::angry::wacko::wacko::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The Paraplegic Guy was arrested for....... 1 Gram of WEED. Never in trouble before

I want to hear the Defense for this???????:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I'm Waiting.:frown::frown::frown:

• Like Like x 2
  18. :lmafoe: :yay:
    I find it thoroughly enjoyable prodding those to Defend the Indefensible. And nobody on the internet could ever get me mad.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Thank you President Trump!!!

MAGA MAGA MAGA!!!

20. Totally agree..we are entertained daily with a never ending barrage of an amazing display of BS..When he sleeps, His cronies take up the slack until he awakens.. I would laugh out loud except this is stuff to sob over..:cry: