Coronavirus COVID-19 Shelter In Place/Quarantine Activity Extravaganza

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by zthelizardking, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Well now that the shit has hit the fan and we're officially in a pandemic; I thought it would be fun to post ideas, pictures, videos, and whatnot of what we all are doing to stave off that horrible boredom bug!

I myself have been designing a new D&D campaign and writing some music. I also have bread I plan on baking and whole lotta beer I plan on drinking! lol. I also dug out the ol' medicine ball so we can all get some exercise and work off a little energy in this little apartment.

So come one! Come all! We won't let a little virus bring us down or drive us crazy! Lets see it! Lets hear it!

What you got GC?!?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fapstravaganza

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. This is my first post in almost 10 years. I couldn't remember the nick that I used back then so I signed up again last night using this nick. Today I remembered the old nick that I used to use. It was sneakers. I sent an email to GC to try and get my old nick back. Cant remember the password I used back then and apparently had a different email address. I think that I had a different email address. Maybe it was the same email address but i messed it up last night and connected it to this new nick. I sure hope I get the old nick back. I have several posts back then. A nice record of my ghetto garden that was grown back then. It was fun today reading some of my old posts.

This is part of what I am doing while not going anywhere. Between this and trying to keep food in my house will hopefully keep me busy a good part of the time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Got some yard work done, burned leaves but now it's fkn snowing wtf
    Besides sitting inside by a fire, got 25 ladies to keep me company.
    IMG_20200322_215253670.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Getting laid on by my cats apparently

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. More pussy than I'm getting

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I fractured my foot and tore my rotator cuff back in January, and am still in rehabilitation. Since the clinics closed, I've been spending a lot more time doing my exercises on my own. I've started using my Indo board in lieu of surfing, since I can't paddle with my shoulder. The beaches may end up closed soon, anyway.

Until they do, I've been taking regular walks through the coastal park. Nothing beats social distancing with a cold beer on an isolated beach.

A lot more guitar, a lot more songwriting. A lot more solo gigs on my front porch. I want to start cooking with my toddler, and finding projects that we can do together that are on his level. Maybe we'll build some shit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Converting trash bags to covid suits with car air filter taped in ....lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Making the most of my time and getting the grow room ready for the next run. Freaking corona delayed me shellin our cash for my new lights ( progrowtech ev 700’s .) I know I can put up the qb panels by htg for a lot cheeper but I really like that I can tweek the light spectrum and you can place these lights 10-12” from the canopy without fear of bleaching the colas. Anyway I always wanted to scrog but as of right now I have a 5x5 area with one way in and I obviously couldn’t reach the plants in the back to train, tuck ect ect... so I had to adapt.
    Four individual Mobile scrog screens on dolly’s . I simply roll one out into the veg room next to my flower room and do what I gotta do :)

IMG_0405.JPG

With a drain for run off

IMG_0427.JPG

It can all tie into a 5gal bucket using pvc that will hold a condensation pump that will pump the water into a 30 gal tote that’s outside the room to easily dispose of the waste water. This is just a mock up using a 3gal bucket.everything will eventually be automated with halo drips but first run in coco I’m gonna hand feed.

IMG_0431.JPG

But shines up real nice after showin it some love

IMG_0471.JPG

This is my out dated light. Great light for its time. Grown some really nice nugs, 620 actual watts. Clone to veg. Dimmable. Made in the USA But nun the less... a blurple ..Advanced diamond series xml650.

IMG_0477.JPG

I made a 4x4 frame out of ... yes, you guess it.. pvc lol to reduce my growing space , to hopefully produce bigger buds just in case I have to put off my new lights for a bit until this corona thing blows over .heres the 4x4 suspended frame. I’m gona make panda skin into a shower curtain divider .to shrink my foot print. I totally have my environment dialed in. Here’s the suspended frame.

IMG_0475.JPG

At least I made the most of my time being stuck in this house for the last week. Just wish it wasn’t affecting my cash flow as I want them dam lights!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. That's a really cool build man! Hope you show us what it looks like filled up too lol.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 zthelizardking, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Over here we're cutting the cups off braziers and making masks. According to the CDC you only need two layers of fabric to be effective.
    There are several websites you can print patterns from with a simple google search.

• Like Like x 2
  12. #12 Skyjester, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    We spent today looking online for toilet paper. No luck.

The stupidity is even scarier than the panic imo.

For users who never venture into the "Now Playing" discussion on GC:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. @zthelizardking

[​IMG]
    When I tried wearing a bra on my face some woman called me a pervert and tried to hit me with her umbrella.
    [​IMG]
    :)

BNW

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. More ideas from Chris Mann. This one gets better as it goes on imo:

Also imo his female singing voice is better than Madonna's. :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. That was well done lol.

16. Wheres that report at? Everything ive seen so far has said pretty much said the opposite.

17. Deaconess - How to make a Face Mask

In settings where facemasks are not available, HCP might use homemade masks (e.g., bandana, scarf) for care of patients with COVID-19 as a last resort. However, homemade masks are not considered PPE, since their capability to protect HCP is unknown. Caution should be exercised when considering this option. Homemade masks should ideally be used in combination with a face shield that covers the entire front (that extends to the chin or below) and sides of the face.- from Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

18. Last resort but effective at keeping people's spit off your face and whatnot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #20 killset, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Sounds more like a placebo to ease the minds of americans during the mask shortage and free up supplies for the medical community. Everything they've said up until this point was the complete opposite. Fortunerly i work in a job where i have a large supply of n95 and even better yet p100 filters/masks. I dont think im taking the chance on some bs like home made mask for me and especially my children. I guess its better then nothing but i dont believe in giving false security in the eye of the storm

Got a link to this new recomendation? Would just like to read it. All i can find is this which says TRY a bandana. COVID-19 doctors running out of masks? Try a bandanna, the CDC says. The article further backs up my plecebo theory.

From working in the field i do i can tell you a bandana is useless. We used to wear them when cutting masonry because of silica before the crack down on silica. Bandanas did very little, pretty much nothing at all to stop dust. Wouldnt want to trust it for a virus.

• Disagree Disagree x 1