Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shelf Life Of Rice Krispie Treats?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by tinoynk, Sep 10, 2014.

1. So I made Rice Krispie Treats (the fun kind, of course) a little less than 2 months ago. I ate most of them but they didn't do THAT much for me so I kinda lost interest and I have 3 sitting in a tupperware container in my closet that I just haven't bothered to throw out.

Now I've been holed up with mono the last few days, and have avoided smoking as to not further irritate my glands/throat. I'm definitely wanting to get high pretty badly, so I just went into my closet to check out the treats to see what they looked like.

To my surprise, they were still pretty soft (or at least not rock hard like I thought they would be), smell like Rice Krispie Treats should, and don't have any visible signs of rot, decay or rancidity.

I'm still pretty hesitant to eat them however, since the last thing I want on top of mono is an awful stomachache from eating old ass butter.

Should I just throw 'em out? Or since I don't see anything remotely resembling them having gone bad are they alright?

2. They have butter in them, right? You should be able to tell right away if they've gone bad. Between the dairy and high sugar content I'd be wary, but then again the ones sold in stores last an eternity.

Just try a sample bite, if it's rancid you'll know. If it tastes ok and looks ok you're probably in the clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum