Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shelf life of bud, keeping it fresh

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GreenLady36, May 9, 2009.

1. I just accumulated about a 1/4 pound (or a little more) of some hot shit. I am basically a loner so it will take me a while to get through my stash--even though I am a daily smoker. I also plan on re-upping every two weeks to get prepared for the upcoming storm. If I have to suddenly flee my home some day, I'd like to be READY. Does weed lose it's potency after a while? What's the best way to keep it fresh?

2. Any Airtight container will do the job nicely. Most people recommend a Mason jar but just look in a cooking section at stores for air tight jars.

3. if it is kept in a mason jar and not opened too much it should be fine. on the otherhand if its kinda wet it could accumulate mold. i dont think much potency is lost over time. ive smoked bud that ive left out in the open for months (found nug behind desk that i dropped) and it still got me high.

a properly dryed/cured qp should be able to sit for years in a jar with no problem

4. I would seal it very well with no air and put it in the freezer. The government has a bunch of weed frozen from like a decade ago and they still send it out. Just don't shake the bag when the buds are frozen becase the cold loosens the trichomes.

5. [​IMG]

Wee, I got to post that two times in a row.

6. This. Well sealed, may even want to double-ziplock it. Try to get most of the air out and put it in the freezer.

Freezers are best for most cases lasting over 3 months, its good to know that both light and heat gradually deteriorate the chemicals in the plant. Thats why they say store in a cold, dark place- the freezer is the best place like that :D