Sheldon Black

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Madcap79, Nov 28, 2011.

1. I want a sheldon with that gettin high label sooo bad esentially i want exactly that grasso beaker with the 5 arm downstem. very nice collection tokinblade +rep

2. Thanks guys! Been buying SB for a little over a year now.

That grasso tube is sick. Its like the steam roller of bongs. NO drag. AT ALL. and FULL flavor. I got a sick deal on it, They go for 4-500 normally but i paid 3, same for the SB double bubbler.

3. Damn that is a sweet deal. I would have grabbed that in a second. :smoke:

4. [quote name='"HippieChris"']first off Sheldon Black is as real as Santa or honest politicians....just a name like Jerome Baker (yeah theres no Jerome either). A guy named Richard owns it and a pretentious twat named Paul trained a crew...the work is admittedly relatively clean and solid, however they are overly complicated, overpriced, and impossible to repair most all the time because of the retarded filler hole plugs on the sides(dont kid yourself, its glass, it will eventually break)...send your hard earned money to a different company who would actually appreciate it, and beware as several "American Made Glass" companies are using Chinex and most companies in LA use, lets call it imported labor crews ......oh and a factoid about percs...dont matter how many arms, coils, whistles, slits etc...its about how much water the smoke passes through...27 arms in 1 oz of water isnt as effective as a cooling or filtering medium as more water and same or less slits/arms whatever...percs are more likely to break than a single chambered piece with an ash catcher if you really think a second chamber is gonna do you any good
    and yes i am a glassblower and lampworker[/quote]
    Where the hell did this rant come from? OP was just asking why nobody talks about SB. How did this tread get turned around into talking about the benefit/downside of percs, multi chambers, etc.?

5. There's way too many glass artists these days...trends usually depend on where you live unless your a high end collector. Sheldon Blacks' provide great value for the price. Usually strong glass but rarely any cracy percs. Very conservative brand. Nothing wrong with it, best bang for your buck IMO if you're on a budget.

6. daaam 4-500 for the bubbler. ill never get one:mad:

7. at that price...you might as well nut up for the artist who created the style sheldon's going for (Sovereignty)

8. #28 tokinblade, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    LOL, the style theyre going for?:confused: i dont think you realize how this thing works, Its nothing like anything SG makes and i would never compare it. Its so far from what SG would ever do. :rolleyes:

Its not uncommon to see them for 550-650 honestly. I saw most for around 600ish, Which i think is a little much. Mine was orig 550 down to 300 from kulture.

Dont get me wrong theyre sick nice and hit so smooth, but the piece has limitations because of the upstem, If you can score one for 450 or under its so worth it.

Btw to give you an idea of size, That Dubbler is infront of a 125gallon aquarium. it stands about 20"

9. My lhs has a bunch of these, that bubbler included and they're all really nice. Nothing crazy, like ^^ said, but solid perc's which all fire well.

Oh and I have one of those Evan York LE collabs too brother!:smoke:

10. sheldon blacks are wet.... seen a ton of them and theyre soild, nice percs and the whole nine. def not cheap even if theyre chinese. if thats the case id put them as really dope nice ass chinese pieces haha. id buy one any day over a roor...

11. used to have a 6-arm down stem "hi line" etched model. so clean, beaker bottom. rip.

12. There is no way this is a Chinese Glass company, everything I've seen has been solid and functional.

13. [quote name='"SomeNiceGuy"']

There is no way this is a Chinese Glass company, everything I've seen has been solid and functional.[/quote]

They are USA made.

14. The 6-shooter that you pictured goes for ~$250 retail at your local shop. I scored one up off BM, paid $220 with some extras for it. I ended up selling it though after upgrading to a pair of SG tubes. I was not satisfied with the detail in workmanship on the SB that I now have with my SGs. The bubbler was not symmetrical; the assembly of the can, tree, and mouthpeice joint did not completely set plum and perpendicular to one another. The saw cuts were not all identical either. Nothing stuck out as being flawed, but it just wasn't perfect is all. I have checked out a decent amount of SB at various shops and noticed they all have a degree of imperfection, but still pretty solid glass and good functionality, that is what it's all about anyway right? You can find SB through bitfreakglass if you don't have a shop near you.

15. 4-500 for the double is what we were talking about. But yes the singles go for 250. Got mine for 200 lhs.

Yes I've seen a few flaws as well. Nothing quite as big or as much as Your talking about though. I know more than a few people that were able to get them replaced because of this. Even seen them fix chipped labels for people. I had them replace one of my downstems.

16. They replaced a cracked slide for me free of charge. Just took it to the local LHS I got it from and they were cool.