Sheldon Black

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by l StayHigh l, Oct 31, 2009.

1. My local headshop has picked up their stuff. They say its ROOR under another name. They say roor had to switch names because they kept wanting to progess and make cool shit, but something having to do with the german label wanted to keep them from doing so.

I bought a 160 dollar Sheldon Black ( ROOR ) bubbler. Handheld, 14 MM slide with a pretty long downstem. Ill get pics if I can find them. Mouth piece removeable.

anyone else heard of Sheldon Black?

2. I just did a quick google search of sheldon black bubbler, roors came up and the whole deal.

Pics would be bomb then I could comment on what your piece looks like, but the bub they showed looked pretty legit!

3. Oh WORD! It IS LEGIT!

http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/122/508/349/o_iVTcxp0jrn8qKzt.jpg

Theres my bubbler, Maybe shaped slightly different in some areas ( depending on the blower )

But thats exactly what I have. Handheld. Pulls SO NICE. Has same bullet hole diffusor as the high end roors. Super smooth pull.

Diffusor also fits RooR bongs, Pure bongs, Illadelphs. Came with a 14mm slide. Nice small personal Pack.

The diffusor has Sheldon Black engraved in the glass.

4. Hahaha that would be the one I was looking at :p

Looks good man, shmoke that shit up!

5. I heard it was a blower for RooR who went independent, but who knows. Their steam rollers are IDENTICAL so they def. have a connection in some way.

6. one rip with this chron just put me on my ass. haha jammin out now about to put the diffusor on my illadelph see how it hits. come over

7. true.... i think he was a glass blower from roor.us ... Kulture... has alot of em ... they look crazy !!! got one of his diffies they are nice !!! love the 21 pierced

8. #8 sinsemillaplease, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
    They are blown in the same shop. Whether or not Sheldon Black is simply a ROOR name change remains to be seen. It is definitely a possibility though as ROOR's knockoff problem is approaching pandemic proportions. They're everywhere.

Regardless, Sheldon Black tubes are nice as fuck and the label is much classier than the cartoonish ROOR one. I've never really been a big fan of the ROOR label... as you can probably tell. I think its too soon to say that they are one in the same though w/o the response of someone who knows for sure and has a personal relationship with the parties involved.

My local shop just picked up a HUGE shipment of Sheldon Black...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. The OP is correct, Sheldon Black is the new line coming out of the shop that previously produced RooR.us. RooR.us is done, the constraints put on them from RooR.de plus all the knockoffs everywhere made them pull the plug. The ynow can do whatever they want with SB, and they are doing just that. SB's quality is incredible and their price point can't be beat. What's that saying? "Once you go Black, you never go back"

10. #10 samiel, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
    from what ive heard sheldon used to work for roor.us then went solo. which may be why some of the pieces look the same. although i have also noticed some resemblence between the 3rfd pic from the bottom and toro's 6-1 piece... could just be me though... i did just wake n bake.

11. word man, that looks like soem high quality glass sinsimillia. im loving the 8arm tree for a downstem. unconventional fixed stem .

12. SB is actually only roor.us, not .de

These tubes are so fucking nice and beefy, I want the 7 arm diffy :eek:

13. I think I might just want me a Sheldon Black

14. What shop is this? Where is it located? It looks like they have a ton of quality tubes.

15. On that 8 arm fixed stem, will the bottom arms even bubble? I thought if the arms are open at the ends and not level they won't all bubble, only the upper ones would bubble? Just wondering.

I want one of these Sheldon Black pipes, I really wish my lhs carried these.

16. 42 Degrees in Ann Arbor, MI. Home of the winningest football team in the history of the game.

The key is to tilt. ;)

17. lol, i suppose you're right, until you get an ac haha. I had the same issue on my inline with my ac until I got an angle adjuster made. Like a charm now.:D

18. Glass looks worth the money.
    Would love to pick up some SB over here in Austin!

19. About to rip the bubbler, I have the one that the guy posted on the first page. Mouthpiece is removeable so cleanup and water change is super quick. The diffusor also fits my illadelph, so I have them side by side when toking time comes around so I can brew up both. Todays my birthday, so I might have to go to the headshop and just buy another Bullet Hole diffusor =]

20. yeah im pretty sure it was a blower who worked for roor but now is independent. i own a sheldon black diffuser myself. shes great:bongin: