Sheesha Smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by ShadowToker, Apr 8, 2010.

1. I don't know about you guys but I don't drink, and I try to tell myself that I don't smoke (Tobacco of course), I only blaze.

If any of you have watched the Union (probably have), then you would have heard that marijuana alone has never caused lung cancer.

However, after I take a couple hits from the bong, I often take several puffs of sheesha from a hookah,

What is your take on sheesha? I'm against smoking tobacco, I've said no to cigars and cigarettes, and I'm trying to convince my self that sheesha is different, that there isn't enough nicotine to get you hooked, that it's just vapour.

2. #2 crackrocksteady, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2010
    Tobacco's tobacco, regardless of how many chemicals, coloring agents, and flavors are infused into it. It may be partially vapor, but there's still actual smoke in there..and there's plenty of nicotine in shisha.
    This was my opinion, and then I found the Wikipedia article about this very thing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah#Health_effects

3. Yeah, there are tons of hookah heads who will try to convince you that shisha is somehow "more healthy" for you than a cigarette. It's not even remotely true.

Taking a couple puffs from a narghile every once in a while won't hurt you, and won't make you addicted. Now, if you were sitting there smoking a bowl to yourself everyday after you smoke some weed, you might get addicted. Everybody is different.

I've recently kicked my cigarette habit, but I'll never stop smoking my hookah. It's an everyday thing for me. I realize it's not good for my lungs (my uncle Abib actually died from lung cancer...and had never smoked a cigarette in his life; just shisha) but it's such a thoroughly enjoyable, and relaxing activity for me that I don't give a fuck :smoking:

Bout to pack up a bowl now

4. Yeah I was looking at that too. I guess I'll try to stop/control myself on it.

Haha I see you're in some way Jewish/Israeli too :p

What about like Herbal Sheesha? It's made with sugar cane rather than actual tobacco. Is it safer/healthier?

5. Haha yeah. I'm a Palestinian Jew.

The herbal stuff is definitely healthier (although you're still inhaling burning plant matter, which is never good) but it tastes absolutely horrid! I've never come across a herbal brand that I've enjoyed...but that might just be because I have an affinity for true shisha. The herbal stuff is cheap enough that if you buy a few sample boxes (the 50g ones), and end up not liking them, it's really not a big deal just to throw away.

I'm puffin on some pineapple Al Fakher right now :yummy:

6. Wait what... sheesha is possibly the worst tobacco for you. One inhale is equivalent to smoking an entire pack of cigarettes. You're not supposed to inhale it, you're supposed to smoke it for it's taste.

7. There are 2 methods of shisha smoking.

1. Like a cigar. Don't inhale. Let the smoke roll around your mouth and then just blow it out
    2. Like a cigarette, which is generally how Middle Easterners get down

Inevitably, just by drawing on the hose to heat the shisha, you're going to get some smoke into your lungs. That's how our airways work. Whether you don't intentionally inhale or not, it's still bad for you.