Shed Some Light on me

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PassivePlatinum, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Checked Trichomes on the Kandy Kush last night. PICS

Veg Tent:
    So I don't know what's going on. I replaced the water last night and only nuted to 300. pH'd to 5.6 and today, the other LSD OG died. I still have the one that I saved in soil and the OG #18 in the soil. The Platinum OG seems to be doing alright (I've been growing it long enough). The roots seemed to be getting beige so I added in some 3% H202. They turned white pretty fast. Re-pH'd to 5.6 and well see. I'm hoping they explode in growth.

I also added in a controller bucket so that I don't have to keep subjecting the roots to light. When I was thinking about the videos I've seen on how to make RDWC systems I remember them saying to use soap to get the hose through the grommet. I tried my hand at muscling them through but it took 20 mins to get 1 in....I grabbed the dish soap and it took about 20 seconds per hose. *Note to self and others...USE SOAP!

2. Picked up an RO/DI filtration system today!

3. Im getting frustrated. Everything in the RDWC is dead except for 1 platinum and even that looks pretty beat. Not sure what Im doing wrong. I changed the LED to one of my blackstars just in case this 600w is the culprit. I put in RO/DI water and added my usual mix + half a scoop of Great White that I picked up and ppm to 300. pH is much lower with the new filtered water. I didn't even have to adjust, it was already 5.6! Feel like I threw all that money down the drain buying those clones. 1 part of me wants to buy more but the other wants to see if Ive tweaked it right and by that time, my OG will be big enough to clone.

4. #24 PassivePlatinum, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    So the light seems to have been the culprit. I think the 600w LED is just too intense for babies. The teens seemed to really love it though. I'll probably end up bringing it back to my friend and using the Blackstars. I picked up some more clones from a buddy of mine. Gave me my Platinum back, a few "Deep Sleep"(Larry OG x Pre 98 Bubba), a Few Chem Dogs, and a few Diamond Bubba. I also wired up the water pump to top feed each individual plant.

My OG #18 from attitude is just about ready to start cloning too!

I spent a few hours measuring, cutting and connecting all the return hoses to the controller bucket in the main flower area. Not looking forward to connecting all of the feed lines. Changed in a brand new Hortillux Eye bulb.

I'll post up some pictures tomorrow.

5. #25 PassivePlatinum, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    Still haven't seen roots out of the bottoms yet. The ppm creeped up to 350 from 300 so I added in some more water and brought it back down. I took 5 clones from my OG#18(OG x Chem Dog) and threw them in my aerocloner!I also filled the RDWC system and even tested out the overflow! It works!!!! Thinking about buying a Lumatek Ballast and Raptor hood to get that extra spread.

6. After being out of town for 3 days my plants are still alive! I had the girlfriend give me a ppm reading and adjust pH one of the days(had to keep it simple). I came home and all the new growth is green but the old growth is still light and looks like it may be getting lighter. I only saw 1 tiny root of 1 plant sticking out the bottom. I bumped the ppm up to 550 so well see where that takes me. I have a feeling they're just not getting enough nutrients. I had the nutrients pretty dialed in for my soil so I need to figure it out in this hydro setup.

7. So they plants didn't look like they were doing so well and the pH kept dropping. I read somewhere that if pH drops=too much and if pH rises=not enough. I dropped the ppm back to 300 and they look much better. I also took out the drip line and ran the feed line straight to the tub.

I went through with getting that ballast and hood. :D

My new setup