Shed microgrow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Franzferdinan51, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Okay so I got a few seedlings that I germinated in paper towel I planted them in solo cups with 3 100w CFL set at 12/12 growing in a plastic shed that's closed up and I live in Ohio my question is when I planted these a few days ago I was not expecting night Temps to drop so low which is only going to last a few days should I cover them with plastic wrap during the night

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. subbed up and yes I would till they sprout

• Like Like x 2
  3. They are already sprouted and the shells are falling off the tops one has already ditched the shell and has the baby leaves which I don't know the term for

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yea in your case i would keep em covered but poke holes ontop of cling wrap, the word you are looking for is
    cotyledon...

5. Right on thanks man I covered them with plastic wrap and poked holes and they have survived so far the stems are slightly purple but I know that to be common in seedlings but I know it to be a sign of too cold as well I believe it's due to lack of phosphorus I think so correct me if I'm wrong cuz it's been a while since I had to deal with plant problems or even looked them up
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. The picture is of the biggest one so far

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice op. Subbed.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  8. That purple is perfectly normal i get it often...

• Like Like x 2
  9. I thought so wasn't sure thanks dr.herb and blazed for your support here is today's update got few new pictures preparing for a very cold night tonight gonna cover with an emergency [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lost one of my lights up fortunately due to the wire got chewed up assuming before I started using it and today it made a loud pop noise so I took it out for the time being

• Like Like x 2
  11. Also I'm wondering how to keep my plants small like some of these other micro grows I know about LST but is there more than that I should be doing? I'm used to growing biggies personal and at my previous place of employment the picture is of my old plants I grew in Colorado in a walk in closet grapefruit Kush laying sideways cuz I taught them to do that not due to anything else just did it cuz they was too tall for the closet standing straight up
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. Well i find that 6400k all of veg and two weeks into flower, then switching to 2700-2100k works best for keeping em small. This and topping lst scrog ect ect

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gotcha I think one bulb is 5000k and the other is 2500k not sure would have to check but I'll have to give a look into topping and fimming Scroggin isn't really an option for me unfortunately

• Like Like x 2
  14. No problem. Looks like their doing well I like what you did to tame the height. They will enjoy the extra lumens from being closer.

• Like Like x 1
  15. One of my bulbs are 2700k, and the other dollar store 23watt doesn't say anything on it but the wattage.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yea there's definitely a 2700-2100k on there u can tell by red and blue light in pics

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nice little plant you got going seems like it's doing well and I appreciate your compliment I noticed it seemed a little stretched out and the stem for a sprout is kinda thick so I decided today was a good day for LST got a really cold night tonight so I'll have to cover them with plastic and gonna leave 1 light on because it'll be in the 20s sadly out of no place but I been prepping for a few days now I believe we are ready as we can be shed will block wind and some cold plastic wrap the plants and that should cover the rest and hopefully the light will keep Temps up at least a little

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just checked and one's 5 K and the other one is 27 k

• Like Like x 1
  19. So the weather I needed to protect my plants from has started I surrounded my plants with an emergency blanket and covered them with plastic wrap leaving the lights on because the wind is like 50 or 60mph and snowing pretty hard gonna get down mid 20s so let's hope my work and them being in a closed environment will be enough for them

• Like Like x 1
  20. Today's update they are doing good there is another freeze tonight so another rough night for them I'm sure they'll be fine because the other day they survived just fine and it snowed so if they can handle that then they will live today was watering day so they got a good watering about 20 minuets ago still no new light if anyone knows where I can get just the cord that connects to a reflector or what kind of cord it's considered to be so I can find it its self

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2