Shed grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bigdaddy345, Oct 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hello Iv got a grow room in a shed which has two 4 inch inline fans for ventelation and it currently get between 100-120 degrees in there. I was wondering if that is such a big problem if the actual soil temperature is around 70-80 degrees that should keep the plant fairly cool.

2. That's a big problem . You really don't want to push 85 with temperature, 120 is ridiculous

3. Head in the oven, feet in the fridge, on average you're (not) comfortable.

What are the outside temps like, that you can't control the inside with two inline fans?

4. I had hit 121f once and 131 f once. The plants did not like it. I lost about 50% of vegetative growth on 2 of my plants and 10-20 on a couple others. The heat stress reared its ugly head for a couple weeks. Leaves just wilting and falling off. I quoted this attachment from my journal.

5. whats the outside temp atm where you live? id get a small ac unit or bring in more cool air from outside.

6. Is the shed insulated? If not, it's just a big hot box of stagnant air. And most likely would still need some kind of a/c unit. Run your lights at night, the coolest part of the day. It will save several degrees if you are lights on during the hottest time of the day. Are you pulling air from outside or just pulling air from the shed? Are you exhausting outside or just into the shed? You can make it work, but it may cost a few bucks to do it right.

7. Like previously stated run lights at night and off in the afternoon to try to stay away from the heat. You can also turn your oscillating fan into a diy a/c unit if need be.
    [​IMG]
    The copper tubing goes to a bucket of ice water.

8. The sheds not insulated, it's just a shed I have put in a wooden wall to space out two rooms. Don't really want to put in an a/c unit as I am concerned of the nous that would create, haven't tired running lights at night but I do have a 300w led light setup. The intake air is coming from the other side of the shed but the outtake of all the hot air in the grow room goes out the shed.

9. Outside temps were about 95 degrees and inside the shed it was at 111 degrees at its max the coolest the shed got to was aroun 50 degrees at night without any of the fans running.

10. How much cooler does this fan make the room overall on a hot day

11. I have not built this. Its something i picked up on the internet while searching ways to cool the room. The individual said roughly a 10 degree drop.
    I too am growing in a shed seperated by a wall.

12. Ok thankyou, I was also looking into tower fans as I have hear they can be very useful in grow rooms and maybe even some sort of insulation