Shed build (ventilation)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Get A Life, May 15, 2019.

1. Hey dudes,
    I’m in the process of building a shed L10xW8xH6.5, I was trying to figure out what size fan and all I need for exhaust and also an intake with filter.
    I’m going to have a ac window unit in the window and in the summer I have a Dyson air purifier that can heat in winter.
    I’m planning to grow three plants for now. Veg will be done right in the shed and flower will be in a tent that will also be in the shed that will have its own fan and carbon filter setup.

I’m open to any suggestions. Iv need growing for about 3 yrs now and it’s time to get out the closet if you catch my drift hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I suggest changing your size to 12x8x8 to take advantage of the size building materials come in. Making it 10ft wide wouldn't be that bad as all of the materials would still be used but making it 8 foot high would eliminate the waste caused by making it 6.5ft high and you'll appreciate the extra height. Insulate it extremely well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ya I would love to make the shed bigger but I’m kind of stuck with the size, yes I’m definitely insulating I bought a 360 dollar spray foam kit and then I’m going to put reflective bubble wrap on top of that.

4. @Carlos69

Give up already & stop spamming you cunt nobody is going to fall for your bs.. reported again.

5. Um what

• Like Like x 1
  6. Some dude was spamming every thread they could find trying to sell weed lol.. I tried to reply to them but it wouldn't let me so I tagged them instead :laughing:

The mods did a clean up so it probably looks like I'm talking to myself lmaoo

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hahaha it’s all good man

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I built a shed for my grows and tropicals because my wife hates the smell in the house. Unfortunately I cant help much with ventilation as I only grow in the winter and have a couple of windows that I open and close to regulate temperature. I am planning on putting a 4 inch inline fan wired to a thermostat switch to pull air from outside in and exhaust the warm air out. I have a very small heater plugged into a thermostat that heats it no problem during winter months in Southern Ontario Canada. Good luck
    20190115_144041.jpg 20190125_142458~2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dang dude that looks like a lot of work on your hands. I like the tropical mixed with the weed. Almost like there growing in a jungle haha

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes the spider mites and fungus gnats became a bit of an issue at one point with all that stuff so I had to cull some vegetables to clean it up a bit. Good luck and post up some pics when you are done!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I don't know how you could insulate any better than that. If you don't mind me asking, why is your shed height limited to 6.5 feet? Or are you saying you've already started building?

12. Iv already started lol it’s ok I’m pretty good with training, plus I’m using leds for lights

• Like Like x 1