she told me i wasted my money on my bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by gardenfresh, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Well I don't think you understand how china glass bongs compare to high quality bongs then. Because the way china glass is, is that it is made overseas for cheap then sent to generic tobacco stores/"head shops" where it is marked up. Quality wise, that glass isn't worth $120. The store likely bought it for cheap and marked it up a dick load because not many people know enough about bongs to differentiate between quality and crap. Like you, the factor most people just look at is "can i put weed inside and smoke it?" Not "is this glass going to withstand day to day use, is this joint strong enough to take a couple of hits, what is the size of the joint, are there imperfections in the glass, how thick are the arms in the perc, are the slits straight, etc..." It's more like paying $40000 for a civic from some guy when you could have gone to a bmw dealership and gotten a 330i for the same price. It's about paying the same price as quality, but for garbage. The kid started a thread wondering why his friend believes he wasted money, and I explained why from the viewpoint of someone who doesn't look at "does this hit" as the only criteria for bongs.

2. $120 is nothing to spend on a bong, that is extremely cheap. Now tell me how its made in china because of the angle of downtube? If it was blown locally the make their own downtube. You seem to be the only one bombing it for the price. 3-5 thickness isnt bad it could be much worse. What the fuck does paying more for a civic have to do with bmws. BMW are better built and are expensive, hondas are not.

You have it backwards, you are paying $120(civic price) and expecting a roor super bong(330i). For the price he paid he got a nice bong that will last him a long time, no matter how thick the glass you shouldn't be dropping your bongs anyway.

3. If the bong gets you high, then you did not waste your money.

Fuck haters, who cares. Just smoke and enjoy yourself.

4. For sure....

5. Chalk it up to jealousy and tell her to go fuck herself :)

6. #46 sinsemillaplease, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
    Well that's just not true at all. Some people are only interested in quality and precision blown glass... that doesn't make one a snob... just a careful, mindful consumer.

Edit: And for the record.. you can get a RooR of similar thickness for around $25 bucks more... and there wouldn't be any problems with downstem angle.

I'm not bashing the op's purchase... just volunteering the info that he could've made a better one. That girl is still a bitch though as you certainly didn't waste your money... the tube you got is still cool and much better than what $120 would get you at most headshops in my area.

7. #47 ModderXtr, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
    You can keep tilting your tube so your janky ass crooked joint sticks up vertical, and enjoy your un-used perc at the same time. But my question still stands.

Who the fuck tilts a perc'd tube and isn't retarded?

8. Bongs are not hammers. They aren't for having contests of who can drop it onto concrete from higher. Your supposed to take care of them. As far as the joint angle and perc angle talk. Get a decent a/c to match and you can get people to shut up. Most a/c's I've seen come in either 45 or 90 anyway so the bowl will end up being level and you don't have to worry about the percs not being at the right angle.

9. An A/C can add a nice touch, but I would also look at finding a downstem designed to work at that angle(the tube vertical). A Good example is the SG gridded downstem.

I would especially add the downstem because tilting a perked tube hurts perk function, and if you had a downstem like that you would get to use both the perk and the stem well.

10. People like you disgust me.

11. Doesnt matter if its china or not, gets the job done and YOU like it.

Thats all that matters in my opinion.

I remember i spent $55 on a crappy generic china bong. It was no bigger than 1 foot and had a crappy bowl and was only 3mm thick. But damn did that thing rip, got me high as hell. I ended up selling it for $40 and invested $120 into an EHLE 1000mL . Its a BEAST! lmao.

12. Tell her amateur hour is over, stfu

13. the girls dosent know shit. sweet bong and sweet price

14. Send her back to the kitchen

15. Some people are just normally Mr. Ragers, I deal with quite a few of them and I got used to it. As long as that bong hits clean and you like it, there should be no reason to put it down. Killer bong man, dont let them haters get to you

16. Just tilt'er towards you when taking a toke

17. Its not low quality for the reasons she gave...

18. 45 degree angles aren't bad at all? Tell her to shut up and burn one :smoke:

19. dumb ass bitch hater hahaha she does not know shit about glass...why would it be 80 degrees...most bongs with a removable stem are at a 45 degree angle and if you buy a stemless bong or a fixed stem they are at 90 degrees...i have not seen many high end bongs with 80 degree stems...she is talking out of her ass son.

puffer

20. what about 2010bc lowriders or 2011 bc lowriders...they have a stem at a low angle...you dont know shit man.