she changed

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 420Hazo, Aug 22, 2011.

1. #1 420Hazo, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
    Wont tell the story as it would be too long to read. but basically i met this girl, we started dating, we were together for two weeks and then had to start long distance. its been 3 months since and were still dating. but were going to have to do long distance for another year now, till next Fall actually around this time, but recently for like the past week or so, she hasn't been herself. like the changes are noticable but she's denying them. but she definitely has changed, like she doesn't talk the way she did, laugh at the same jokes, show much emotion what so ever. i mean i want to stay with her because i truly love her, for who she is, how she acts, and bc she makes me a better person but she does it for me. but i dont want to wait around either if she doesn't change back you know?

our anniversary is in 3 days btw.

how do you deal with someone who changed i mean i know you accept the change and deal with it but....

2. #2 MrGers, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
  3. anything constructive?

yea yea im being grumpy

4. she might want out or she might be seeing someone else already...thats when they act different.

5. Sorry, i may have treated ur situation a little lightly. My point was that people change, even in 3 months. maybe you didn't know her well enough when you met? so it's not even that she changed but you think she has.

also...3 month anniversary? imo too soon to be celebrating landmarks.

GL

6. I can relate to this a lot, I'll leave it open to you to send me a private message so I don't clog your thread with my story. But my fiancé and I were in a long distance relationship for two years before I was in a position to move up with him. With the new news of having to be long distance for another year she might be more than a little upset. Not seeing the person you're with is hard, my fiancé and I skyped every day so we could see eachother, and between the two of us I flew up to see him one weekend a month. Long distance is hard, it requires a lot of communication and trust. You need to point that out to her and if she can't communicate her feelings she may not be mature enough to handle something long distance.

7. no worries man, i watch south park alot actually lol i just didnt see the comparison. but yeah man i know what you mean, like maybe this whole time i was kind of in the "puppy love" (for lack of a better phrase) feelings, but once it got more serious i kinda was like waitttt a second

yeah man, i mean if you got the time to send me a story about it, it would help alot considering i dont really have many people to look for for this, as all my friends either are single or dating but not long distance. but yeah..i mean, like how should i say it to her without coming off as offensive?

8. People don't usually change in 3 months. Science says a personality change occurs in most individuals over a period of 7 years. To me, this says you didn't know her as well as you thought you did. Let me ask you honestly, do you think it would be fair to say that if you and I met and hung out a lot, I would know who you are in 3 months? I doubt it. I know people who've been married 40 years and they still learn new stuff about their partners all the time. I don't know your girl at all but from what you've said it sounds to me like she's either playing games or as others have stated, she found someone else. When you're young, especially if college is involved and long distance, people change so much because they're trying to discover their identity, to break away from the mold that their parents, friends, and environment created for them over the first part of their lives.

The best thing you could probably do if she isn't far away already, is meet her in person and talk to her. The number one problem I've noticed in almost every human being I've ever known is that people aren't willing to be honest. People would rather lie than say how they feel. It's a pathetic human trait, but affects most people. Be real and if she isn't real, you know she doesn't love you enough to be real with you and you can stop wasting your time. Peace.

9. yeah we've been doing long distance for 3 months already (shes 7 hours away), and im seeing her for the first time as shes going to college and im going back to college but we'll only be an hour apart, so ill be up in buffalo 1-2 times a month at least. then at the end of spring im transferring back to my old university (same uni as her) but im going up this sunday actually to see her.

but yeah man, i read that thru and thru and definitely have some good points man

10. Thanks bro. Recently I found this site called Peek You. Ended up typing an old sluts name in that I had "dated" during highschool. I say slut because I only went after her because she was an easy tease. Anyways, she was always acting weird around me. One day she would be all over me, the next day she would pull away. I figured she was fuckin around but could never prove it and didn't really care at all tbh, who cares about that shit at 16? Anyways, that was a long time ago, like 11 years, but out of boredom and extreme highdom the other day, I looked up her name and that site shows all the aliases people use if their name is tied to any of their screen names. I found her screen name, looked it up and found out that she had been venting about me on this website. Apparently, she had 3 boyfriends at the time and had listed me as one of them. I loled again, because I never asked her out or spent a dime.....

but I found some weird ass shit she'd been writing, her frustration at trying to keep three relationships together, etc. To this day I don't know why she listed me at all because like I said, we were never official and she saw me all the time with other girls. So maybe you should look up your girl. From what you wrote above, I get a feeling in the pit of my gut that she's already fucking around on you. If the behavior fits......

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, but tbh, in college, I see nothing but people fucking around on other people all the time. College is like spring pickens when it comes to sluts. They're everywhere and they're easy and when they're at college, not one of them will admit to having a boyfriend. I even hear chicks talking behind me all the time about how they're playing their man, still getting gifts, or screwing their best friends guy.

11. honestly man, i think shes starting to question your guys relationship. if you sense that change around her if shes denying i dont think its a good idea to bring it up.

i think the best way is to see her asap in person and figure it out.

when you do see her you gotta be strait up, this way your time wont be wasted. just ask her, "do you want to do this". if shes all wishy washy and doesnt give you a straight forward answer, thats a sign for you to walk away.

i understand that its going to be tough to do that because you obviously like her but this will save you headchaes and will be better down the road.

and dude, you still in college. theres gotta be so many girls around you.

anyways, good luck

12. gunna see her on sunday (8/28) and going to have this talk... im just wondering what words to say

13. #13 GillyTHEkid, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
    get everything off your chest so that your not like "aww shit, i wish i said this", on your way back.

be honest, even if its blunt and communication is key. both parties must be on the same page for a succesful meeting.

i hope it works out for you man, its nice to see a long distance relationship work out.

cheers :smoke:

edit: forgot something important, make sure she has her turn to share her feelings and thoughts

14. call me a romantic but i believe long distance works out well especially when theres true emotions. but yeah man, definitely will think over the next few days what exactly im gunna say

15. i completely agree with you. if both parties have equal love and desire, its possible for sure.