Shaving Cream Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ErdayToker, Jul 22, 2013.

1. So I have a bong where there is a hard to reach chamber and whenever I clean with iso and salt, it never seems to get the resin there. I looked up on here and saw simple green & I'm going to try it, it's just my sister is borrowing my car for a job interview & then to go to her friends. So, I went on YouTube and saw the 'Definitive Bong cleaning guide' and saw he used Shaving Cream. 

So does it actually work? or will it be toxic? or will it ruin my bong?
    Peace  :bongin:

2. just think about it, you use shaving cream to soothe the skin when shaving, how volatile or abrasive could it possibly be?
    never heard of that method in my life lol, i wouldnt bother with it, i hear simple green is no better than iso so if that doesnt work try the famous purple degreaser

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Simple green concentrate kicks the fuck out of iso. Trust me it's all i use. a few hours soak and a good rinse and it looks new. My preferred way to get stubborn resin off is take a coat hanger or something pliable tape a q tip to the end of it and then bend it till it reaches the stubborn spot and wipe it away. I'm guessing that's not an option in your case but it was the onlyy way i could clean under the ice pinches.

4. Have you been letting your ISO and Salt sit overnight? 
    I had a piece that was stupidly hard to clean, and required a day or more of soaking. Which I also had to constantly shake. 
    I say this because I have many friends that only let ISO soak for about an hour. 
    Anyways, I never heard of the shaving cream method either. 
    Keep us updated if you try it, or learn more about it. I'm curious.