Shatter problems

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Jess521977, Apr 17, 2018.

1. How much shatter do you use for each hit/session? I posted the post below in another forum but now I’m wondering if I’m just not using enough.

Original thread without new question :)
    need help with shatter.

I’m OLD school with flower, I want to try out shatter but I cannot figure it out. ‍♀️

Here is my process:
    Use torch on quartz banger for 20 seconds.
    Let cool for 35 seconds.
    Put shatter in quartz banger, inhale, put carb cap on continue to inhale. I get nothing, not one bit of smoke.

The only way I can get smoke is by re-torching the quartz banger while inhaling. Is that what I’m supposed to be doing?

And the carb cap I’ve been using doesn’t seem to work but if I use an old quartz banger on top it works better...does that make sense?

I’ve tried the titanium nail (I seasoned it) but can never get anything from that.

I’m attaching some pics.

Thank you!!

2. The defacto I learned was to torch to red glow, so 20 seconds would likely not do that even with a big ass torch, THEN count down starting with 30 seconds as the minimum but up to 45 to a full minute for thick glass or specifically lower temp dabs.

If you are not getting any vapor as you inhale and add the concentrate it is not hot enough.

Torch longer until at least the bottom of the bucket if quartz or the entire nail if titanium is red glowing, then count down 30 sec and try a tiny dab.

Carb caps only really come into play with larger dabs or lower temps so starting out you may just cover it for a second or two while you draw in.

Watch some videos online? Try try again?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks!
    I have seriously watched every video out there and I feel like I’m doing everything exactly the way they advised. I have really studied this! lol I can’t figure out why I’m not getting any smoke, when I appear to be doing the same things.

Maybe I’m not using enough. Maybe I should just go back to the original? lol

4. I've wondered about how to smoke it too.

I'm an old hippy joint, oil, hash person and have no problem with them but now with shatter I see all sorts of special gear.
    Some similar to crack pipes where you heat glass tube. Then some pipes with hot bowls and assorted other ways which none seem easy. Before hardest thing was smearing oil on rolling papers, now you need special heated bowls etc...

I watched a Youtube vid on it and they said a basic hit was a 1/2 G sheet of shatter. At $35 -$50 a G thats pretty damn expensive IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have been utilizing wax for a couple years now and I still only take a little tiny rice sized dab at the most. I may take 3 or 4 while medicating but if I heat the nail hotter to compensate for larger dabs, close to .15 g it HURTS me still too much for it to be fun. Haha.

Low temp, waste a little to taste a little, carb cap, good stuff.

I use also a necter collector and a Honi Badger dab straw and it's very convienient.

As far as usage goes, I used to smoke an ounce or more a month by myself and was still having problems being medicated enough.

Now I may get 7 grams of wax and have it last a month by making tincture and edible capsules and vape some. It's better for me but had a lot of trial and error in there.