Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shatter is solid?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by unshattered, Apr 5, 2014.

1. I'm new to concentrates. The shatter i have is completely solid(like a rock). I have to chip it to break a small piece and  all the shatter videos I've watched on youtube seem to be of this gooey gooey like substance not solid. What should I do?

2. Lighter

Eyes like Mr.Miyagi 🐉

3. Dont use a lighter. Shatter is supposed to be that way, theres nothing you can do about it besides using light heat to warm it. You can turn your oven on to 200 f and hold the shatter over the oven on parchment until its nice and gooey, and that'll be easier to manipulate with a dabber.
    Otherwise, you should be fine with taking small chunks off and using your fingers to heat it up and attach it to your dabber

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Also, the gooey gooey substance theyre using are probably BAD OIL, hash should almost always be solid or in crumbs, but you can also have wax which is more like gooey an wet like

5. you could use your lighter/torch to heat up the tip of your dabber...might help. just a 1 second blast will be more than enough, just warm it.

6. #6 kusharikari, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
    I usually fold up the parchment paper and hold it in my hands for like 30 seconds and it softens

7. You completely contradicted yourself in the same sentance

8. Wax is a different consistency, its literally like wax, not transparent
    You just misunderstood my statement

9. Bho is bho, the bud can change the texture but for the most part its the purging process. And sorry, I didn't see the 'wet' part, I read it as gooey both times lol.

10. If its sappy then its not shatter, its a sap or pull-n-snap. That could be the way that specific material comes out or it could be underpurged, but no one really knows how your oil was made so its hard to say.

You can snap off bits and just dunk em or heat up your dabber a slight bit to soften the errl enough to get it on the dabber.