Sharp or lg TV?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by GBaby803, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Both are the same size led,1080p, but the sharp is 120hz while the LG is only 60hz. The sharp is also 50 bucks cheaper than the lg. Is it worth paying the extra 50 for the better brand but downgrading from 120hz to 60hz?
    The TV will mainly be used to play xbox360 and watch bluray rips and basketball non hd. Is 120hz worth it in my scenario?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

2. Personally I'm not a fan of LG, unless I'm buying a fridge or a washing machine. Out of all the name brands they aren't as seasoned with TV's.

3. Hmmm id prob go with the sharp but it depends cuz lg makes sum pretty nice looking tvs

Sent From Pluto

4. LG bro but don't get the LCD, get the plasma. Cheaper and way better picture. To get the same picture as plasma with LCD/LED you have to spend a lot and get the 240hz.
    If you're gaming, go plasma.

Sent from my NSA recording device.

5. Both suck get a Samsung or Sony

6. Agreed samsung is the shit i gotta 52" samsung icture looks like real life

Sent From Pluto

7. Do u know how much more expensive the electric bill is for a plasma compared to a led?

8. go with the sharp . more hz the better it will be for gaming

9. Do you know the price difference of a 50" plasma and a 50" 240hz LED? ;)

The power savings will never equal out.

10. I wasn't trying to make a statement.  That was a legit question

11. Really? Everything i read says more hz causes lag and u need to use game mode to remove the lag

12. I can't afford either :cry:

13. LG!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #15 }-MaDCoW-{, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  15. more hz the higher the refresh rates are reducing the "motion blur" that can interfere with your HDTV's picture quality, particularly during fast-moving action in video games and sports events

16. Which is why I suggested plasma. 600hz and 1/3 the price ;)

17. #18 xSadrulesx, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    60 hz is enough. I'd focus more on which one has a truer representation of what the image's color on the screen looks like and response time, 5ms would be what you're looking for.

18. #19 Fëanor, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    OP I would definitely go for the LG over the Sharp.  I was using an LG 3D Smart TV for the past year or two in the living room and the thing was great.  The thing was great.  Full of features and options for whatever I wanted to do.  No problems whatsoever.

I have tried two differed Sharp LCD's and NEITHER ONE would properly display 1080p.  Both TV's would force overscan settings on me, and not let me disable it.  Overscan is basically stretching the image to fit the screen....only it was stretching a 1080p image to display it on a 1080p screen, which caused me to lose all 4 edges of my picture.  I confirmed this problem with both my computer and a PS3.  Same issue, and on both TV's.  I worked with both Dell tech support (reseller) and Sharp tech support; neither of them could resolve it.  I vowed to never again purchase a Sharp TV because their programmers are just a little bit incompetent.

Plasma is worse technology, that's why it's cheap.  Yes you a good looking picture, but the pros end there.

They are bigger and heavier than LED LCD's.

If you live somewhere cold and you need an additional heater for the room, get a plasma.

If you want images to burn into your screen when left on there for too long, get a plasma.

19. I love my LG!