Shark Week

Discussion in 'General' started by cheebaa, Jul 22, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

Hey City,

Shark Week starts next Sunday night July 29-August 4 on the Discovery channel. Just figured I woud start a thread and will bump it when it come closer.

I'm very excited about some of the shows I plan on watching the Ocen of Fear special and- Les Stroud is the host of one show that has caught eye:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width=100>[​IMG]
    </TD><TD id=spacer10a3 style="WIDTH: 10px" width=10> </TD><TD class=standardText vAlign=top align=left width=318>Shark Feeding Frenzy
    Tuesday, July 31, 9-10 p.m. ET/PT.
    Get a reminder!

It's been said that a shark will eat anything from a license plate to a suit of armor, but the reality is that the menu of these so-called eating machines is complex, specific and so important that it determines everything about the shark — including its size and where it lives. Survivorman's Les Stroud guides viewers in taking a close look at the diets of the great white, mako, tiger, bull, Caribbean reef, lemon and hammerhead sharks. Discover which shark has the strongest jaws, how often a shark needs to eat and why, and what senses incite a shark to attack. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I remember watching Shark Week every year growing up. Can you believe it's been going for 20 years now?????

Main Site:
    http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/sharkweek/sharkweek.html
    Episode Guide:
    http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/sharkweek/episode-guide/episode-guide.html

EDIT::

Sharks are fucking crazy

2. i watch shark week evey year, megalodon rules.

3. I love shark week, but I usually dont watch a lot of it because I get all paranoid when I go to the lake or river.

4. YES SHARK TIME

I am so excited for this shit. You guys really don't know how much I love sharks.

5. every year i go to the shore on the first friday in august . . . coincidently shark week usually runs about the same time i go to the shore, just kind of makes me a bit paranoid; i love shark week though, everything on during that week is amazing

6. I actually saved a news paper article from a while back when some fishermen caught a great white off the coast of Mass. It is pretty unusual for them to come up this way.

The ocean is kinda scary to me.

HAHA- but I live in The Ocean State

7. *BUMP*

Shark Week begins tonight!!!

:hello:

[​IMG]
    Ocean of Fear: The Worst Shark Attack Ever
    Sunday, July 29, 9-11 p.m. ET/PT (two-hour special).
    Get a reminder!

Narrated by Richard Dreyfuss, who memorably played Matt Hooper in Jaws, watch the gripping story of the USS Indianapolis, sunk by Japanese torpedoes in the Philippine Sea on the night of July 30, 1945. Of the 1,196-man crew, about 900 sailors, many maimed and burned, were plunged into the water ... and floated helplessly for four days, beset by hunger, driven mad by thirst and menaced by hundreds of sharks. Assisted by George Burgess, America's foremost investigator of shark attacks, Ocean of Fear examines why the sharks attacked the way they did, and investigates the survival strategies of the men in the water, including those who fought the sharks. Survivors recall their ordeal on camera and remarkable reconstructions, filmed with real sharks, reveal the drama from both the sharks' and humans' perspectives.

8. Yes! I want to watch that show on the USS Indianapolis.

9. Sweet! Shark week rocks. I am going to have to remember to watch the show with Les Stroud...

10. I'm psyched. Ocean of Fear is on tonight, can't wait to see that one.

Coincidentally enough, this is airing a week before my dad's trip to the Gulf of Mexico.

"Here Sharky, Sharky, Sharky!" :p

11. Well I live very near to the coast, in SoFla so you know I love sharks! In fact, saw some nice little nurse sharks today. :hello:

I truly love Sharks. They are some of the most interesting animals on this plant. I just pried myself off the couch after watching about 2 hours on sharks, haha. I love Shark Week.

12. It's the biggest shark week ever, jsut like everyother year.

13. i love shark week!!!!!!

also, i know it's been said before but Ocean of Fear looks VERY exciting

14. i absolutely love sharks!!

15. YES! Spaz is going to blaze and watch this. I want to see how a stoned person would react to seeing a 20 foot great white swimming towards them, on a 60 inch plasma :D

Something tells me i'll be making a thread that goes like this:

" Holy shit, This weed like put me into a real life version of Jaws!"

Durchii, man the wheel.

Rasta_Man, Grab the spear gun!

HeinousAnus, Grab the 30pack and rum!

16. Well, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

17. Yea last nights Ocean of Fear was not the best.

I am hoping more for tonights-

[​IMG]
    Deadly Stripes: Tiger Sharks
    Monday, July 30, 9-10 p.m. ET/PT.
    Get a reminder!

At nearly 20 feet in length, with hundreds of razor-sharp teeth and weighing over 1,300 pounds, the tiger shark is one of the world's best-equipped predators. Nicknamed the "ocean's garbage disposal" for their not-so-picky eating habits, tiger sharks are believed to be solitary animals. However, each year, tiger sharks gather en masse off the coast of South Africa near Aliwal Shoal and then, as suddenly as they appear, they vanish. South African shark expert Mark Addison has a theory that these sharks are actually the same individuals year after year -- and he hatches a plan to prove it via satellite tracking. To do so, Addison free-swims without an oxygen tank, a shark cage, chain mail suit or scuba gear, to allow him to tag the sharks with a tracking device -- risking not only being bitten by the sharks, but also drowning.

[​IMG]
    Top Five Eaten Alive
    Monday, July 30, 10-11 p.m. ET/PT.
    Get a reminder!

Watch five of the most amazing stories of shark attack survival, told by the victims themselves. Among the stories: An abalone diver's head and arm are bitten by a great white ... A young woman swimming in the deep ocean near Easter Island is caught in a tug-of-war between her rescue crew and a massive shark with her leg in its jaws ... A shark scientist surrounded by a dozen predators in the Bahamas is bitten on the calf ... A fisherman's arm is bitten off, yet he has no memory of the attack ... A woman vacationing on a yacht near a remote Pacific island is pulled underwater by a 9-foot tiger shark and fends it off with a punch to the nose, while her shipmates scramble to find help in the middle of nowhere.

18. *jaw drops as shark snatches USS Indianapolis sailor as he sleeps*

19. think your safe just because,,, your on the pier????

think again !!!!!

[​IMG] <INPUT id=chk_2 onclick=objThumbview.handleImageCheck(event); type=checkbox value=ththanimatedgif16.gif name=selectedmedia[]><LABEL title=ththanimatedgif16.gif for=chk_2>ththanimatedgif16.gif</LABEL>