Shark encounters

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by badlogic69, Aug 2, 2011.

1. You mean nurse sharks? Tigers are among the most dangerous sharks.

I see a lot of sharks while fishing and skiing in Tampa Bay and the Gulf. Depending on the time of year, I might see them on every trip out (usually 2 or 3 times a week). I've also had plenty of hooked fish attacked or bitten off. In the spring when the big tarpon are staging in Boca Grande Pass, there are tons of huge sharks along a lot of the coast. About a month ago Tampa Bay was loaded with blacktips, they were everywhere. Blacktips are ok but when big bull sharks are around, we get out of the water

2. im a pro shark rider.

3. I encounter them very often. Last week I was spearfishing by the inlet and a decent sized thresher(7-8ft) swam up and was investigating me. It wasnt any signs of agressiion ( arched back, quick eratic movement) so I just watched her for about 20 minutes. Then she just swam off. I used to see them very often when fishing offshore in florida but I don't live their anymore...

4. I was on vacation with my family in HI when I was about 15 and me my dad and my cousin went in one of those shark shark cages of North Shore. we were the first group in the water so there were no sharks at first then they started to chum a little bit and all of a sudden my dad is yelling "holy shit Nate". I looked over and saw a a group of sharks come out of no where shot was nuts

5. It have been nurse sharks. I just know they weren't aggressive sharks at all.

6. Ahem, go tend to your cattle then country boy.

7. i was swimming like a couple hundred meters out in florida, when this gray fin just randomly popped out of the water and this really hot chick beside me screamed and passed out. so i was like wtf and carried her back to shore. needless to say i got laid that night. never told her it was a dolphin xD

8. I was on vacation with my family in HI when I was about 15 and me my dad and my cousin went in one of those shark shark cages of North Shore. we were the first group in the water so there were no sharks at first then they started to chum a little bit and all of a sudden my dad is yelling "holy shit Nate". I looked over and saw a a group of sharks come out of no where shot was nuts

9. one time i was chartering a yacht in the caribbean and my sister had her feet dangling off the back of it in the water, and a shark came up and bit her toe, haha. after that happened we threw some chicken in the water and like half a dozen sharks swarmed!

10. #30 mandrin13, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011

This couldn't be more untrue....I know female longhorns have them, but think others do as well -edit I see this was addressed :).

Anyways, as a wanna be surfer I just don't think about it. I understand the dangers are very low, I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery.

[​IMG]
    ignoring the baby waves, I always think of this pic when I hear shark week.

11. Funny shit.:D:laughing: