Share your rescue!!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Frasier, Jan 9, 2018.

1. As per suggestion in a previous thread of mine I'm opening a thread where GC users can share pictures of the pets they RESCUED or ADOPTED from a shelter or the streets.

I could use a little faith in humanity so post away!!

Here are my 2 little fluffs.

I adopted this little guy from a shelter, he was a runt and they were likely to send him off to be put down but I asked to pick him up and I just never put him down =)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And this girl I adopted a month ago because she needed a good home, she was from a rescue home that takes in and cares for throw away or street cats.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. #2 BrewsnWeed666, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Rescue Guinea Pig got him from a women who didn't want him anymore

IMG_20171217_160419.jpg

IMG_20171103_173440.jpg

IMG_20180120_160247.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. The senior member of The Pet Mafia, Cisco.
    Cisco is a 13 yr old purebred Papillon. We've had him for three years.
    He was a gift to a teenage girl. When he didn't fit in the brat's purse, Cisco was discarded by the teenage girl. For the next 10 years he was abused and neglected by the girls family.
    Fast forward to three years ago. My roomie and I got custody of Cisco.
    Three years, nine teeth pulled, $4000 in vet bills and loads of love and attention he's in perfect health.
    Cicso is a wonderfully, dorky dog. We're lucky to have him.
    DSC_6992 resize.jpg
    CiscoDairyQueen1_zpsvpkfwky1_DxO.jpg
    DSC_7876x.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. He's adorable =)

I'm glad you could help the little guy out

• Like Like x 1
  5. When we got her she was really scared, underfed, etc. She always loved chewing on socks (I'm guessing she had no toys as a puppy before we got her). Well, now she's in perfect health, so smart.. so protective.. so affectionate..and spoiled :)

Screenshot_2018-01-09-16-52-45.png

• Like Like x 10
  6. Couldn't believe someone left this sweet sensitive Border Collie at the Humane Society..Intelligent to the max too. The only reason I could think of was maybe she was after livestock but WTF..Had her now for 8 yrs. Their loss..my gain:)
    11-2010.JPG

• Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. My chihuahua Shih tzu mix that i got from an irresponsible breeder who had at least 60 inbred chis living in a filthy trailer [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 11
  8. [​IMG]
    Rescued from a tweeker camp as a pup. Love my little Chorizo

the quantum leap: indoor multi strain perpetual organic journal
    Indoor organic

• Like Like x 11
  9. Very cute kitties!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thank you!

And thank you all SO much for sharing, it really restores my hope for our species and it genuinely makes me happy.

I hope to see more of these heart warming adoptions!!!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Her mother took her away from a terrible breeder and circuitously into our home -

135-3524_IMG.JPG

She's now in heaven chasing squirrels, lol.

• Like Like x 6
  12. This is my cat. The Divine Miss M or Princess Fuzzybutt. I adopted her in Oct 2015.
    She was found hiding behind a couch in an interview room at a free adoption event at the Seattle Humane Society.
    I was told she had a bad adoption history and wasn't available for adoption.
    She had been at the Everett shelter for a year? and had been returned twice.
    A few dog treats later I had her out and purring.
    She suffers from neglected and abused cat syndrome.
    She dislikes all other cats, dogs and people save my roommate. Two years on she's doing much better. She's almost a normal cat now. Very sweet and purry(most of the time).
    She takes a great portrait if I do say so myself.
    DSC_7266_01.jpg
    DSC_0336_01 - Copy1.jpg
    Princess Fuzzybutt.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  13. I often refer to PG. Shoosh and Pickles as "The Cat Mafia".
    They were raised together in the same house. They were around five? years old at the time we adopted them.
    As my roommate and I found out, the people that put up these cats for adoption lied about their condition.
    We found out how neglected they were in the middle of the adoption process.
    I'll start with PG aka Pretty Girl. She and Shoosh are sisters.
    When PG got here, she was a couple pounds underweight. In addition her whiskers were singed as was part of her face. It's all healed now and she's gained back the weight.
    PG can be aloof and skittish or she can be just as loony as her sister Shoosh.
    Because she's not as outgoing as the other cats I spoil her a bit.
    DSC_8409x.jpg
    Pretty Girl.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. I have posted this in another thread but I'll contribute here too.

I rescued Odin when he was probably 2 weeks old, I heard a cat crying outside in December of 2016 at about 2am. I almost gave up looking for him because I couldn't spot his white body in the snow, poor thing it was 14degrees out and he was just laying in the snow.

He is a very strange cat, not too friendly except with his mama. He is very quiet unless he wants me to bounce balls for him or wants to wake up his mama.

We also rescues a blind kitten from the vet so they didn't kill it, that cat is the most loving little creature. Very smart, vocal and curious. Oddly she only grew about half way so she remains about 5-6lbs, but still holds he own with Odin if he doesn't play too roughly.

Here is a picture of Odin when he was a kitten.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Look at that wittle nosey!!!!

I just wana hug it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 7
  16. I rescued a black lab from the streets when she was 6 months old and was planning on taking her to a no kill shelter in the morning. My friends and I gave her a bath and I let her sleep in my room for the night. In the morning though my mom had fallen in love with her and didn’t want to let her go so instead we kept her. When she was found she had 3 types of worms and was underweight. Now she’s turning 3 this weekend and is a very happy girl. IMG_1250.JPG IMG_1172.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. The reddish looking one is Rocky and we rescued him when we still lived in CO from Lifeline puppy Rescue when he was 3 months old. He is now 6 yrs. old. The goofy one is Duke and we rescued him from a local shelter here in TX. He's 2 yrs. old.
    20170419_133426.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Darth peaches eater of souls..... 20180113_165218.jpg

20180121_042823.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 3