Share Your Movie Ideas!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by brewmaryjane, Feb 1, 2011.

1. This girl and her wolf named Lucy living in the inner city after the apocalypse. (5years after) she rigs luxury vehicles and fins mansions to live in and lives basically the good life with her wolf until she decides to go exploring into the desert with one of the all black luxury Mercedes. She's driving down the abandoned highway towards the desert and catches something human like in her review for a second , then it disappears. She starts to find little clues of what happened to civilization as a certain species' ship makes it's way down to earth.

She decides to hitch a ride on one of the ships and ends up going to the species' planet and etc etc stuff stuff stuff, that's actually my book idea. Lol

2. Got super fried one night while watching tv. I watched an episode of bizarre foods, followed by fear factor. By the end of both shows, a movie idea had formed in my mind.
    Movie idea Title: Bizarre Factor
    It would start off with the host of bizarre foods, Andrew Zimmern, filming an episode where he's eating something he describes as "rancid gross nastiness" while laughing.
    After the scene is over, there is a family that had been stopped, so they didn't walk through the film set. They're offered some samples of the food Andrew had been eating in the shoot, for being so patient. the children smelled it, and turned it away. The parents took a bite, to be polite, and both gagged and spat it out, and the grandmother, who hadn't been able to taste for years, had a coughing fit from the terrible taste in her mouth.
    The grandmother walks up to Andrew, with her old lady walker, and tells him he should be on Fear factor, because he can eat ANYTHING! While turning away she said "you just have to get through the first challenge!"
    Andrew goes home that night, and gets baked and belligerently drunk with his buddy, and tells him "I bet I could totally win fear factor, and then give all the winnings to starving countries, cause I'm all about food!" His buddy then cracks up laughing, falls out of his chair, gets back up, and says "dude, you wouldn't make it past the first challenge, your WAY too out of shape! Andrew gets mad, and decides that he's gonna tryout for fear factor.
    The next day, Andrew does a bunch of funny looking exercises in a pathetic attempted to get in shape, and at the end of the day, when he had thought his efforts had paid off, he made an entry video and sent it to fear factor.
    A few days later, Andrew got a call from Joe Rogan, the host of fear factor. Andrew was so excited to finally hear from Joe, but Joe just laughed his ass off, and told Andrew that he probably wouldn't make it past the first challenge, because he's just too out of shape, but he sure could try! Joe also thanked Andrew for the incredible laugh he got, from the entry video Andrew sent, and hung up.
    Andrew decided to train and exercise once again, but in the end, he makes it to the final challenge and loses to some hoe fo sho.

3. Maybe not a movie, but I always had an idea for maybe a youtube series or something;

It would star a bunch of nobodies playing stoners.

Each episode would be anywhere between 1-10 minutes.

The premise is that each episode begins with a close up shot of a piece being ripped, and then slowly pans out to show the person smoking it. Right when he's/she's done taking the rip, the title card would appear on screen and from there the real episode begins.

Each episode is about a stoner/stoners getting high and immediately having to deal with some life altering, science-fiction type mumbo jumbo that changes their lives forever and how they react to it.

One episode could be, right after taking a hit, it pans out to show the stoners smoking in a graveyard... And suddenly zombies appear!

Or, another one could be, right after taking a hit, the camera pans out to show the stoners smoking on a beach... And a massive tsunami happens!
    It would primarily be a dark comedy about stoners dealing with the end of the world type shit lol

4. I normally dont have ideas for this sort of thing. I used to write short stories as a kid, but stopped at an early age. For some reason this idea for a story came to me the other day. Could be interpreted into a movie...or game?... or even just a short story, who knows!

The premise is, someone somewhere figured out a way to look into the 'dimension' of death. What's that? It's literally another dimension of reality where death resides. Not the big bad man himself, though! In this story, 'death' is an undetermined amount of beings that are constantly roaming the world. They sometimes end up in the same 'place' as a lifeform. (Humans, etc...)

That's how we die. In this other dimension, a 'being,' we could call a shade maybe, has crossed paths with our body. Then, boom. It's over.

Well somebody's found a way to look into it. And marketed it to the world. People stop dying. There are so many angles you could go with this. These shades could "come for us" or just be oblivious of us. All we have to do is use this machine/device to avoid it, and we live forever.

What could go wrong? Overpopulation? Lawlessness? Could the imensely-rich go insane due to lack of sleep as they are constantly peering into this other dimension?