Share your favorite recipe thread

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Sirtootsalot, Jan 6, 2023.

1. #1 Sirtootsalot, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    I figured there wasn't a cooking thread where people can share thier favorite recipes, so i figured I'd start one. Share a good recipe, or find a good recipe, you know the drill. Basically share a recipe and talk about it. If anyone tries it, report back with results.

Here's one of my favorites cause it's fast and easy and once you have the condiments it's pretty cheap to make. This sauce kicks the shit out of store bought teriyaki sauce. Try it with any meat. I usually have broccoli and store bought chicken so it's super low work to whip up. It says low calorie, but it taste restaurant quality. I put it over rice to bulk it up.

https://loseweightbyeating.com/teriyaki-chicken-recipe/

• Like Like x 4
  2. #2 trojangrower, Jan 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  3. #3 Vee, Jan 6, 2023

This aussie saved my butt come Christmas day, with this super simple recipe
    now my buddies think Im a good cook ...lol

my next venture

Rice pudding a stoner delight at our place

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Those fries look good. My dad used to looove rice pudding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #6 Sirtootsalot, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
    Double post, sooo... another recipe.
    This is an easy dump soup. Pretty good stuff. Easy to make, just dump in ingredients and cook.
    Beef & Bean Chile Verde

Edit- oh yeah, I add more canned chilis usually and do other mods. After you make it, you'll know what kind of things you'd like to try out and add stuff to make it more your own.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Ran across this a few weeks ago. OH! It is good!
    "Greek Chicken"

Apparently one can't U/L *.doc files?
    Greek Chicken
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
    5 garlic cloves, chopped
    6 (3-inch) strips lemon zest, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon juice
    1 tablespoon kosher salt
    1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (2 split breasts, 2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, and 2 wings, wingtips discarded)
    Directions
    1. Combine oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, salt, oregano, coriander, pepper flakes, and pepper in large bowl. Cut three 1/2-inch-deep slits in skin side of each chicken breast, two 1/2-inch-deep slits in skin side of each thigh, and two 1/2-inch-deep slits in each drumstick; leave wings whole. Transfer chicken to bowl with marinade and turn to thoroughly coat, making sure marinade gets into slits. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
    2. Adjust oven rack to be 6 inches from broiler element and heat oven to 425 degrees. Place chicken, skin side up, in 12-inch oven safe skillet. Using rubber spatula, scrape any remaining marinade from bowl over chicken. Roast until breasts register 160 degrees and drumsticks/thighs register 175 degrees, 30 to 35 minutes.
    3. Remove skillet from oven and spoon pan juices over top of chicken to wet skin. Heat broiler. Broil chicken until skin is lightly browned, about three minutes, rotating skillet as necessary for even browning. Let chicken rest in skillet for 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to shallow platter. Stir lemon juice into pan juices, then spoon over chicken. Serve.
    I have an old, 10", heavy, SS casserole 'dish' like a heavy pan without a handle.
    I use bone-in chicken thighs, NEVER the whole chicken! Never just breasts or legz. Six thighs fit just nicely in my pan. (= 3 meals worth)
    I use dried rosemary & thyme, no lemon zest or juice.
    Its to die for!

-c-

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. With Valentines day coming up I thought I'd share a recipe I've been making for several years now for my girlfriend.
    It's easy to make. I also grab an extra cup of heavy whipping cream to make fresh whipped cream to top off the mousse.

Raspberry Mousse

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Here's one more for those that want a bit more of a challenge. I use a Jiffy crust that comes in a box for this pie it turns out much better than a store purchased pre-made crust. This pie will wow any chocolate lover and will feed a lot of people it is extremely rich. I can't find a link for the recipe so I'll drop this photo. 20230123_173558.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. #11 Sirtootsalot, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    Those both look delicious. I'm a huge chocolate cream pie guy and love fresh whipped cream, but can't eat any of it because the cream bloats me out so bad. Guaranteed motor boat farts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. That sounds delish. Maybe some pita bread, feta crumbled and hummus and olives. Yummmm.

• Like Like x 2
  11. #13 Sirtootsalot, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    This is my favorite bomb proof Italian red sauce (marinara) recipe. Couldn't believe how easy it was and how good it turns out. I let it go an hour minimum, longer is probably better, but not nescessary. Super caramelized and tasty sauce, but you dont need to stir it all day or risk burning it.

Ps, recipe calls for a Dutch oven for this, but I bet you can do in a crock pot

https://www.seriouseats.com/the-best-slow-cooked-italian-american-tomato-sauce-red-sauce-recipe

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. I grow lots of tomatoes and make my own sauce every year. I also can 24 pints each fall. That will last the girlfriend and I until the next tomato harvest. I'll give that recipe a try at the end of this summer's growing season. It will be interesting to taste it made with my own harvest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I'm thinking it'll be superb, i mean how can it not be. It's a real great recipe, and simple, I think you'll like it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I watch this guy on YouTube. Chef Jean pierre. He makes very good meals that are relatively simple to make.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. You know what I get stuck on is making a good batter, for like fish and chips, or chinese chicken balls. Always just slides off the meat :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Is the batter too watery?

Is the protein fully dry when you dip it in the batter?

• Like Like x 2
  17. I think I need more practice but maybe a better recipe.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah I'm always getting recipes online. Cooking is fucking fun, and everyone loves a good chef lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1