SHARE YOUR BEST VEGGING LIGHT!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by WhiteGuy88, May 6, 2019.

1. Share your best veg light and the growth you got from it

Share the time date from start to right before flip

Share what kind of temperature it put off

Share the distance it was at its best without hurting the plant

Share the wattage and how much it cost to run

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I veg under my hortilux 315 cmh. Might be overkill. But since I got these light I doubled my yields. I did veg 1 time with a 4 way t5. That I would be ur economic way. So I use 8 kw of power a day per light in a 20 hour schedule. Can't really give u a electric number because so cal Edison fucks with the rates so much. I gave up on trying to flower inside due to Edison being asshats! I imagine around $50 a month each 20181008_060811.jpg IMG_20190227_175855_965.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you are not apposed to a bit of DIY quantum boards will give you the best performance you can get from a light fixture.
    For veg go with one of the 4k module like the qb288 v2 (4k) or QB132 v2 (4K). I am using older v1 boards with less efficient diodes on them and my plants are exploding, these will be even better. You can get a four pack of qb132 for $135 (not including power supply) which will cover a bit more then 3x3 space for veg.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Can you share some pics for the thread my brotha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Not much to show you im afraid as my last grow was riddled with issues because my clones failed so I didnt have much going.
    However, this is my previous fixture, It started with 4xqb120's (in the four corners) and ended up adding 3 qb288's in the middle. I think the whole setup was pulling around 400W, way overkill for my space but the spread was amazing.
    [​IMG]

The advantage of running with so many boards is that you can drive them with very little power and thus get a lot of efficiency (in terms of PAR/Watts) out of them but I could have easily be ok with just the four 120's.

A couple of plants grown under this light (I grow SOG style with rooted clones that get only a couple of days veg time so that's why they are small)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since then I had a momentary lapse of self control and impulse bought 4 qb96's for my new fixture:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Havnt grown anything under these yet.

• Like Like x 1