Share your best cooking recipe

Discussion in 'General' started by coolcalin812, May 12, 2013.

1. What's your signature dish?

2. Baked Pasta

Ingredients:
    Penne pasta
    Velveeta cheese
    1lb of hamburger meat
    1 bell pepper
    4 cloves of garlic
    Mushrooms
    parsley
    Pizza cheese
    Tomato sauce

1 - put water onto boil and set oven to 325
    2 - Once waters boiling put in your pasta and start to cook your hamburger meat.
    3 - Once your meat is cooking cut up your pepper, mushrooms, and garlic, then throw it in.
    4 - Once everything is cooked strain your pasta and mix it with your meat/veggies and pasta sauce
    5 - put fill a pan halfway with pasta then add a layer of Velveeta cheese. Fill the pan the remaining way with pasta and add a layer of pizza cheese. Sprinkle parsley on top.
    6 - cover with Tinfoil and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.

Side note - if you want you can add onions and jalapeno's. I like to do that sometimes when I'm on a spice kick.

3. this sounds good! if i were to make it i'd probably add some shredded lemon rind on the top of it too.maybe do a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese

4. #4 Boson-H, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    for me, i would just say my steak i dont really to much to it but i season it and cook it perfectly every time lol

for the marinade/seasoning i use:

worcestershire sauce
    garlic powder
    salt
    pepper
    montreal steak seasoning

marinate it in the fridge, in a sealed container, for at least 14 hours...24 hours for best results.

take steak out of fridge, let temperature drop to room temp (takes about 45 mins to an hour)

get NON STICK skillet or iron skillet, turn the heat on HIGH. as high as it gets. turn oven on to 375

let the skillet sit on the heat with nothing in it (no oil or butter) for about 7 or 8 minutes...so that it is very very very very hot.

drop steak on skillet, let it cook for 15-20 seconds, flip it, another 15-20 seconds. dont move the steak while it is cooking int he skillet (this is pan searing)

next, remove steak from pan and put in baking pan. put on the bottom oven rack for 7-13 minutes depending on how you like your steak.

voila! you have a perfectly seasoned, incredibly tender, super juicy pan seared steak at your service. so juicy. you wont even need A1 or any steak sauce at all.

this is the result: (my breakfast the other day, just look at the juices<3)

pan searing it gives it great color (the pictured steak was cooked medium), as well as locks in the juices and flavors. its all i do with steak any time i cook them anymore. its so easy and works so well.
    [​IMG]

5. #5 1badbruce, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    My best dishes would have to be in no particular order:

Pork & beans, 3 hour cook

Canadian Bacon, 5 day marinade

Jambalaya, dead simple recipe & 2 hour cook

Mac & Cheese

Stuffed Pasta Sheels.

1&3/4 inch thick center cut pork chops stuffed with homemade italian sausage

Brined Turkey, with award wining recipe

BBQ whole chicken with sundried tomatoe

Any one of a dozen homemade sausages

Fritatta (sp)

Homemade BBQ pizza is always a standout crowd pleaser

And last but no least Smashed Chicken Rollups.

edit: If I had a signature dish it would probably be BBQ'd Oysters Rockafeller.

6. That looks good. My favorite to cook is blackened fish.
    chili powder
    beau monde
    cumin
    ancho chile powder
    garlic salt
    pepper
    dill

Throw some oil in the pan on high and wait for it to blacken, then squeeze lime all over the top. I will usually have another pan going with some onions, pineapple, and jalepeno then put all of that on top of the fish:yummy:

7. i'm honestly not the biggest fan of fish, but that looks tasty as fuck...what kind of fish should i try with it?

8. Some motherfuckin' stir fry up in this bitch.

-Get some broccoli
    -Carrots
    -Zucchini
    -little bitta peppers
    -Sweet n' Sour cooking sauce
    -Celery fuck yeah
    -Bitch ass white rice
    -Last but not least chicken

Cut/Fry everything up, cut/cook the chicken in the oven while that shits frying. Eventually put the chicken in the frying pan, and then the cooking sauce. Start the rice now too.
    Ok this is the hardest part: try not to cum when you smell it because its basically sex. Turn the heat down and let it simmer just for a little while, when you're cool w/ it put some bitch ass rice on a plate and put that shit on the rice. Your neighbors will be all "holy fuck what you making homie" and then you can be all "man it's stir fry all for me none for you FAG" then walk away and eat that motherfuckin' stir fry.

9. Any kind of white fish like tilapia or sole

10. bacon wrapped, and vegetable stuffed chicken filets.

i cut boneless skinless breasts into thin filets.

oil them, season them with your spices and herbs, and other things like scallions or garlic, or a relish. anything works. even more bacon.

then lay bacon on top and underneath the filet with the filling. proceed to roll it up and close it with either metal or bamboo skewers.

grilled or stove top works. i havnt done it baked. but when done

i like a nice zesty and sweet sauce on the side for dippng or pouring all over. or a good spicy and flavorful bbq sauce.

goes well with rice meadlys or something light.

11. Marinated grapes. its a signature dish dated back to yesterday

12. I have no special recipe to share but got many of my favorite from here and love to enjoy that. Thanks all of you for sharing the delicious and mouth watering recipes.

13. Cheese...Melted preferably.

Nom, nom, nom...Muthafuckas. :cool: