Share Your Amsterdam Experience

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ibp1178, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Going in August and just want to hear some people's recs on what was their favorite thing to do while lit, your fave coffee shop and places to eat, funny things, cool things, etc. Help a brotha out...

2. Funny things? There is a coffee shop called "The Other Side" and me and two friends were walking around lost for hours and walked into this place. We buy some cannabis sit down roll a joint and smoke it. Halfway threw I am stoned as hell (I don't know why but all the times I have been to Amsterdam the first time I smoke gets me the highest) and I was sitting right next to the window and I was just staring out not focusing on anything. After a while I was thinking to myself "damn I never noticed there were so many gay people in Amsterdam." After a while my friends notice two guys making out and get weirded out and we decided to leave.

Turns out "The Other Side" is in the middle of the gay district in Amsterdam.

3. i wish i had an amsterdam experience:(

4. LOLLL @ that perfect post after the story about the homosexual Smoke Shop!.!!! HAHA!

5. worddddddddd.
    lmaoo
    :D

6. Amsterdam is a great time, but its also a beautiful city so take advantage of it while you're there and see more than just the inside of coffee shops.

That being said, my favorite coffee shop was Rookies, right off of Leidsplan square. My hostel was in Vondelpark which is a great area for smoking and chilling. If you drop down to Rookies grab a smoothie and toke away, the staff are extremely friendly.

My favorite thing about Amsterdam is hands down, the paddle boating. Enough said, smoke up, rent a boat, cruise around the town through the canals and spark up some joints inside the boat as youre cruising around the town.

The Bulldog is also a good spot to met other young travelers so it would be worth your while to check it out, its also in Leidsplan square and if youre backpacking or just need a spot to stay the coffee shop also runs a hostel and a bar all conveniently located in the same building!

7. aight. taking mental note. thanks lol

8. #8 Downfall420, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
    it is such an awesome place weed aside,,my favorite/first coffeshop i ever went to was coffee shop 36,second would be pink floyds and the rhasta baby was pretty cool.

one of my favourite things do there is on a nice sunny day to chill and smoke in this park,,dont know the exact name of the area but it was right next to the hieneken brewery,i stumbled on it one day,,crusing the city by means of bicycle is fun,,walking through the flower market was cool cause of all the vivid colors,,the hash hemp mj museum was cool,aswell as the sex museum,,lol,,went to a wooden shoe/cheese factory that was interesting,great cheese.theres also a beach resort that was cool to get away from the busy city and relax..ummm i dunno what else to say man i feel like im rambling but basically to have the best time in amsterdam dont just stay in the coffee shops,,get your smoke on,,buy more for later(you can only buy 5g per visit) and just wander around the city and just check out anything that be of intrest to you,,thats how i found alot of cool/fun things to do there.

forgot to mention when you're doing your exploring do not keep your wallet or any valuables in your pockets,,the pickpockets there are damn good and will get your shit without you noticing,ive got a story on that if youd like to hear it but i suggest getting you one of those armband wallets like i did and keep your money,passport or anything important in it thatll fit,,if not leave it in your room.

9. for a minute there i thought you were going to suggest a fanny pack... i've travelled a lot in southeast asia and they are pretty good picks as well. specially those lil children lol thanks for the heads up though. I think you are talking about Vondel park. its the main park in the city and i heard is pretty cool to take a blanket and chill. i'm still on the fence about whether i should go into a SMART shop and pick up sum shrooms. i only have 4 days and dont wanna spend a whole day outta my head. thoughts on this?

10. They don't sell shrooms in smartshops anymore, sad I know! But im sure you could still find some fairly easily if need be.

11. #11 Downfall420, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2009
    yea sadly,,but anybody whos been to the dam knows or at least should know you should never buy anything off the dudes selling anything on the street cause its either gonna be not of good quality way over priced and could be a setup to see what kind of cash your working with and signal there buddies to follow you with the intent of robbing you,,and the biggest thing is the bicycles,,never get a bike from anybody off the streets cause its way more than likely its stolen and you'll be in deep shit if you get caught,,rent a bike its the best way to get around A'dam and bikes have priority over other vehicles,,the bikes you rent are all indentical,youll get a receipt that you rented one and it doesnt matter which bike you grab when you get back to where yours was left cause there the same,,as long as you have that its all good.

funny thing is a good way to pick out tourists are the ones who stop at a red light on their bike.

12. When I was in Amsterdam I got real high for like 3 days, man. It was like 3 normal days but with more hookers and windmills. crazy shit. I slipped into some sort of non-sensical sleep/wake pattern also, where i would pass out for a random number of hours, then wake up whenever seemed appropriate and induce muncheez. 8 am, 3am, 12pm, 1:37am, it doesnt matter, there is pizza by the slice to be found everywhere.

13. and KFC...lol.:hello:

14. I submit my story titled "My Amsterdam Trip" as my addition to this thread. Click
    the link in my sig to read it! I warn you, it's long!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

15. Well, everyone stops if there are cars or trams about!

16. oh yea..lol..those trams are scary quiet..lol..i thought lightly of on my first trip,you know simply look both ways like we were taught as kids but then my ass almost got taken out by one,,i did just that look both ways nothing was coming i turned for 2 secs to make sure my dad was still right behind me,took a couple steps and had one go flying past my face from about 2 feet away,,if it wasnt for my dad pulling me back by shirt i wouldnt be sitting here today.

17. Does anyone know how to use the tram? I mean lol yea just get on and it takes you someplace but the 2nd time I was in Amsterdam I tried to use the tram, well I bought a metro card from a vending machine and loaded it with money but I never figured out what do you do with it?

18. Welcome to : GVB

Who would have thought they'd have a website with the info? :)

19. I heard there was a ban from 1st Dec 2008 but I also heard recently they are still available.

20. It depends where you go to look I guess. I just got back from a backpacking trip through Europe and it was my second visit to Amsterdam. The first time was last summer and I never had a problem finding shrooms, all smart shops sold them. This time since the Dec. 2008 ban I went to every smart shop I saw and none of them sold them anymore.

That being said maybe if you went up to someone in a coffee shop and told them you were interested in acquiring some hallucinogenics and you seemed rather sensible then maybe they would point you in the right direction!