Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shall we talk, forgotten strains?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Chil22, Dec 22, 2017.

1. #1 Chil22, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Who remembers the strains of 2000-say 2012 it's the stuff I grew up on

Northern lights
    G14
    White widow
    Jack herar
    Afghani skunk
    Church haze

I'm definitely forgetting some so help me remember what strains from your younger years are not really seen anymore, or at least seen without it being crossed

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Everything is a WW or Afghani hybrid now.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see."

3. I like how he makes it sound like 2012 was a long time ago....lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  4. Forgotten strains? lol. The stuff I grew up on... Maui wowie, Acapulco Gold, Panama red, Columbian, lambs bread. Those are not around, and will never be forgotten. Aaaahhhh. The good ol days.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ^^^^^now thats some oldies but goodies.......People still grow the shit out of the strains the op mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. You forgot Thai Stick and Michoacan and Purple Haze.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Oh yeah. Here's one I wish I could forget. Although it did the trick. Sometimes. The old Mexican Brick Weed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yep
    These youngins have no idea what they missed

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Mecican stuff wasn't bad until the late 80s from what I've heard.

10. wish they could have tried em

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. upload_2017-12-22_15-50-39.png
    Anyone else seeing these ads

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I wonder if they hacked the site or a new sponsor

13. Kinda weird. I wouldn't think they would hack a site. But ya never know. I used to see adds from someone else. Can't remember who though.

14. I asked the Lizking

15. #16 Sneaky Snake, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    *EDITED PART ABOUT OP'S AGE AND INEXPERIENCE AS I KNOW BETTER NOW!

I bought northern lights like 3 days ago, blade. Everything on your list, except church haze -- which I've never heard of, I could go buy at any number of dispensaries here.

I'm going to bet you buy from a dealer though, and you don't get those strains anymore because your dealer just tells you it's whatever happens to be the big popular name right then. If so, he's just making shit up.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I remember busting open a block of brick weed and having to make piles of twigs, seeds and leafy green matter. Every bag got a little of each.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. You could plant an acre with the seeds from an ounce of brick.

Frisbee full of seeds and stems...ahh the good old days. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. These days you can literally get any strain with a name. Nothing is forgotten.

19. I'm 29 lmao and you guys may have these strains grown crazy on the wet coast but on the east they're nowhere to be found....and shit 2012 was 6 years ago that's a long time... If you don't think 6 years is a long time..well then homies yall wasting your time