Shall I get rid of this plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Phrobik, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Hey guys,

I started to lst this plant as the growth rate was ridiculously slow as it had a bad start won't go too much into that..

Anyways it is about four weeks old and to me it looks tiny!
    I did my research on lst and decided I would go with it. I bent it over fixed it down and made some adjustments. Then those leaves started to grow all up the stem, am I right in thinking that they are what will grow up to the light and be tops?

Anyway it's taking forever to grow and I have three auto Afghan kush also and they look great for three days old.

Shoukd I get rid of the bigger plant and concentrate on the three seedlings?

I just can't help thinking maybe the current plant is beyond help and is going to be more stress than shat it's worth?

What do you guys think?

1 x ufo style led 150w
    1x rectangle led 300w
    No nutes but I have some seaweed on hand if that would be recommended?
    The soil would have had nutes in, from the garden centre and I think it's pretty good but I didn't mix it up with any perlite or anything.

Anyway, pic attached,

Thanks in advance guys!

Attached Files:

2. P.s

I wanted to grow it around the pot but it isn't growing in height much at all. This was my first attempt and first grow.

Unknown bagseed. Sorry forgot to put that in the first post

3. #3 Phrobik, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    I might just undo the lst and grow it out and see how it goes. There is barely any stems to hold down anyway they are so short and have no length to them. and nodes are so close together irs very hard to get anything in there without damaging anything.

The other thing is it could turn out to be a male grr

4. When you start a tiny plant in a huge container full of soil...and yours is pretty sad looking to be honest, it's going to take a long time for the plant to establish a root system and get back to growing foliage. That's likely part of your slow growth problem. The strain of the weed is probably the other. Indicas grow at a slower rate than sativas...or at least from my experience. The indicas are a short, more bushy plant and just doesn't get the height/size on it that the sativa dominant strains do. The better your veg lighting (and flower too...of course), the better the rate of growth and overall size of plant you'll get...as well as weight. With these plants in an indoor grow situation, it's all about the wattage and quality of light it gets. The closer the light is to your plant, the more effect it will have on the plant. But keep in mind that LEDs burn hotter to MJ plants than other forms of light, so you have to determine what is a safe distance to keep it without it burning the plant. But you want to keep it down on it as close as possible to get the most growth out of your plant the fastest. You can begin to pull the light up and away from the plant a bit at a time and this will make your plant grow up or stretch toward the light. But I think your biggest problem is your soil...which should be chocked full of perlite for optimum drainage. These plants want and need seriously good drainage...like a 60/40 soil/perlite mix if you're going to use box store soil and not buy the formulated grow soil. If you have that available to you, that's your best route. The soil that is specifically designed for growing these plants might be expensive, but it comes loaded with everything they need nutritionally and are configured to handle the drainage. You don't have to add nutes unless you want to. Repotting the plant will resupply nutes to the plant when it uses up that that came in the soil originally, and it will feed a plant from seed to harvest. But if you're going to use bagged soil, you're going to have to amend it pretty heavy with perlite or the roots are gonna stay wet on your plant and that makes them not happy. Read up on the grow media and then put something together better than what you're using now. Need to understand how and when to water a plant too. They need to be dead dry before you water again. With a new plant, that could be days and days depending on how large a container you started it out in. If you're working with "auto" strains, this doesn't apply because the word is those strains don't like to be repotted. I don't know...never grown them. I don't want the plant to be in control in my grow. I want to be in control of the plant, so I don't do autos. But just read up on how the soil should be, how to tend them, the importance of lighting and how to use the light to make the plant do what you want...just the basics. The more you know, the better you grow. TWW

5. Thanks for the big reply.

It's not an auto.

Don't know the strain it's bagseed.

Lighting is perfect.

The problem was I had two plants in that smaller pot and when I tried to separate them it woudnt happen and only that one could be saved. But the roots were hanging out of that pot and it woldnt come out so I put it in a bigger pot with some soil at the bottom but I think your right the roots are fooked.

I'm not using box shop soil or whatever that is. It's got all the goodness in and is from the garden centre.

I could take that pot out of the soil but it has roots dangling out of the bottom.

I cut off all the leaves or adjusted them so the stem was on show to the lights and that is when the foliage started to grow on the stem but it's not growing or reaching up to the top
    Like the main top and in my opinion this plant would take another two months of veg or something to even be worth it.

I might just sack it off and grow the three autos.

It's my first plant so it's sad :(.

Would there be any point in flowering it?

6. Also do you think it's leaning towards being a female?

7. Going to scrap it. The growth is too slow and I have the autos firing up nicely :)