Shaking when I'm waking?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by PhillGates, Mar 14, 2011.

1. I could really use some insight from you guys today.

Every blue moon when I wake up from a nap or a full nights sleep, my body will feel kind of stuck while I return to consciousness and when I try to move I'll get the shakes for some reason.

This kind of thing last for 30 seconds to a minute, and my heart will beat kind of abnormally.

It doesn't hurt or anything so I'm not too worried, I'm just extra curious because it happened this morning for like the 50th time in my life.

2. Kinda sounds like low blood sugar. Hard to tell from what's given.

3. are you like super cold to the touch when you wake up?

aka poor blood circulation like me.

i used to get the shakes, and like eye goo when i was a kid.

took some meds and now its gone, the only other thing i can think is stop listening to dubstep.

so you wont wake up womping! lol

4. I don't eat too much sugar, if that's what you mean...

To add merit:

-I'm a cigarette smoker
    -I drink alcohol (mostly beer- two a night)
    -I make sure to consume at least three cups of water a day
    -I have no prognoses regarding physical/mental disabilities
    -5ft 5in and 150lbs

5. Nope, my temperature feels perfect, and I wake up completely refreshed...

Maybe I don't listen to enough dubstep, though.:p

6. haha i dunno man, if its not an issue causing problems you just gotta live with it.

7. hey that rhymes.

you could make a song

8. i wake up with similar shakes...even if im not cold.

ill sit there and twitch sometimes when i get up like a tweeker lol i found out its nothing to worry about as ive gotten them since i was in high school and its been 7-8 years and im still alive and fine...its maybe something to ask a doctor if you're curious but ive never been bothered by it or felt it was a reason to worry.

9. Just three cups of water? The minimum recommended value is 8 cups. I'm not sure that you're necessarily dehydrated, but drinking more water can only help you.

10. i agree. water is good for you. i drink more and more these days...

only thing i realized sucks about it is the more water you drink in a day the more you need to keep that up as you get dehydrated quicker when your body is use to getting water put in frequently and then for some reason on some day you end up not being able to drink as you normally do it hits you harder.

when i was younger i didnt drink as much but never felt dehydrated...now if i go more than a few hrs without water im dehydrated as hell...

i drink probably...100oz of water a day. (5 20oz bottles) plus other drinks with food, etc.