Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shaking when i'm high

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PerkaLater, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Below is stupid man, another doctor on GC..:smoking:

Lol at people who think they're doctors on here. It's dangerous to give out medical advice to people when you literally know nothing about the subject than shit you've read online.

2. That guy needs to look up anxiety and panic. I've had a panic attack in public and in front of EMT's. I'll always remember that one because it's usually one big one that turns into fear of having another one.

Anyways, while they were giving the portable EKG, my body was shaking and they said it was common as the body was trying to process so much excess adrenaline.

3. Same thing happened to me yesterday after a month t break. Dunno why though maybe low tolerance.

4. This exact thing happened to me. It happened a few times and i got really scared and assumed it was the weed. It is NOT the weed. You are drinking too much caffeine to be smoking with. Stop drinking so much caffeine. Trust me. I didnt know it was the caffeine and now I cant drink a cup of mountain dew without my hearing and seeing going crazy from caffeine overdose. Everyone has their own caffeine tolerance. Yours is lower than other peoples causing central nervous system shakes. Same problem happened to me.

5. I know what im talking about too, my doctor told me

6. really? i'll put that into account because i do drink coffee all the time especially in the morning when i smoke. Honestly though i really get the shakes when i get high and go to school cus i feel like people notice me shake. My theory now is that it's my neck cus i've been having like muscle spasms in my neck lately cus it's really tight and in alot of pain. I'm just not gonna smoke before school ever again.

7. I get shaky and tense when I smoke the wrong strains. Most sativas don't sit well with me. Haze strains are the worst. Try a nice indica. Headband is one of my best strains.

8. i honestly think this is normal. Me my cousin and my sisters boyfriend all get this when we are super baked. This has only happened to me when i smoked like 4 bowls of bubba kush and hash. I usually feel cold and i shiver. We call it the "shakes" when i smoke a little bit this doesnt happen. Im guessing its because i keep focusing on not shaking so i just end up keep doing it. I dont know i cant explain it. I hope this helped a little bit!

9. Dilation of the pours and blood pressure changes maybe causing physical cooling and the neurological response to shiver to warm the body up

10. Your tolerance is really low lol whenever i have a low tolerance i get little twitches. Its completely normal your muscles are just relaxed :rolleyes:

11. absolute bs

12. it may actually be a panic attack.

13. [quote name='"camram"']

You got sources? You are basically saying anyone with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) and/or Panic is a schizophrenic. I have GAD and Panic and I'm pretty sure I've seen enough docs to know I am not schizophrenic.

And if all you are saying is that anxiety is the root cause of Schizophrenia, what do you say to those whose anxiety is helped by cannabis?[/quote]

I have a degree in this field. He is partially right. For some people who have schizophrenia or like tendencies, weed can induce a panic or anxiety attack. Not everyone is the same. Those who do have panic disorders could very well be helped by weed, and hell for some people weed does nothing. Depends on the person and their genetic make up.

14. Happens to me when I'm smoking outside in the cold...
    Other than that I'm usually too baked to shake.

15. That happens to me sometimes, usually when I have something on my mind that has been bothering me or something I can't figure out, I'd say just try to relax and enjoy yourself bud.

16. As far as the high being more intense, that would just be low tolerance. I shake sometimes when I smoke (I smoke everyday) and it doesn't seem to relate to anything like lack of sleep, hunger, or being nervous. I find it happens to me a lot in the morning if I'm really high and sitting and sometimes I think it's just because I'm cold.

I wouldn't worry about it.

17. Same here, sometimes is happens but most times it doesn't. It's just that the times that it happens are more memorable so they stick out. Just gotta take a few breaths and relax. I think i know exactly what you're talking about, it feels like anxiety and i get slight trembling/shaking

18. I get shaky and my hearing is really bad when i only take 5 hits. I have no idea why.

19. That shit is laced bro, you butter throw it out!

20. I never shake but sometimes when i think about my heart and that if it simply stops beating ill be dead well i think it causes me to have a panic attack because i start shaking unctrollably i get super cold and the only thing that makes it go away is if i sit in front of a heater sometimes im shaking so bad its a struggle to make it to the heater.